Chicago, IL

Posted June 24, 2014
I have 2 children attending this school and they are both very happy. I do NOT have one negative thing to say about Cassell. The Principal and the staff are always going way and beyond.

Posted April 28, 2014
I had my son in a catholic school since kindergarten except 7th and 8th grade ,, if I could back I would save my money!! Cassell is wonderful school !! Plus if your kids need help all the teachers are very willing to help!! The principle and the office staff are extremely friendly and are willing to help as much as they can. My son loves cassell. Education is excellent! The only thing I would say is get more sports teams,,, This would keep the kids busy.

Posted February 19, 2014
Cassell is a great neighborhood school with great teachers who go up & beyond the call of duty! The children at school are kind & respectful! So happy my kids go here

Posted November 27, 2013
this school has very smart and nice kids!i would not trade it for any other!there should be more school like cassell!the students are well trained and behaved!

Posted August 27, 2013
While the school is okay, some parents have taken over and they run the school. its very "political" often feels like a lifetime movie. Overall its a good school and the teachers seem to really care a few bad apples by way of teachers and parents are making it a bad school along with overcrowding.

Posted August 26, 2013
This a great school and to be rated 7 out of 10 is injustice .Great school with a great programme and the best staff

Cassell Elementary School 1

Posted February 05, 2013
My children go to this school and it is less than satisfactory. My daughter is gifted and they tell me they can not challenge her and to send her to the gifted school. So I call the gifted school and the application process is October to December. Chicago Public School System is horrible and Cassell may be a decent school for a CPS school but it really is a terrible school in my opinion. 35 kids per class.

Posted October 03, 2011
Cassell is great school. However, the overcrowding issue that continues yearly is not being addressed properly by the prinicpal or CPS. It is a shame that there are 43 children in the theird grade classroom in the first of their ISAT testing years. How can 1 teacher effectively meet the demands of all the children to ensure they are ready to take this very difficult and nerve racking test?????

Posted September 26, 2011
Cassell was once an excellent school, but now it is just a good school. It has become extremely overcrowded in the past couple of years. Third grade has 42 students in the classroom and it is not the only grade with over 40 children in a classroom. The teachers at the school are very dedicated and competent. It is distracting for the students, however, to be in the classroom with so many other students.

Cassell Elementary School 0

Posted May 10, 2010
My niece loves the school because of the great teachers and the attention they give to the students. I love that it's a magnet school and the students are more academically challenged.

Cassell Elementary School
11314 South Spaulding Avenue, Chicago, IL  60655
Last modified Cassell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cassell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top