Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They sweep bullying under the rug and the assistant principal lacks concern for the parents complaints.

Lack of diversity. Lack of concern and awareness from the staff regarding social issues regrading the children. Bullying is swept under the rug, parents are not informed by the staff but rather your child and other parents. (Hopefully your child isn't afraid to tell you what's happening). Taking my child out ASAP!

Cassell is a great school. I took my kids out of the neighborhood private school a few years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. My kids were actually behind and spent their first year trying to catch up with the rest of their class, making me wonder why I paid all that money for a private school. The teachers here are great and you can tell they have the children's best interest in mind. Unfortunately Cassell is subject to budget cuts just like all CPS schools and this forced them to cut the drama teacher, although they still put on 2 school-wide plays per year. The academics are challenging but all of my kids get straight A's with hard work. It is diverse as well, which is something that I absolutely cannot say for private school. Overcrowding is an issue, but that seems to be a CPS issue and I cannot fault Cassell for that. The issue with the overcrowding is not the inability of the teachers to be effective (because they manage just fine), but with the physical space of the school and classrooms. I will be sending my kids to a private high school and I feel confident that Cassell is preparing them for a successful academic future.

Ok but not great. Kids do not get the much needed attention due to overcrowding. There's also a lack of sports activities which could help engage a better family atmosphere. Overall, I think its overrated. Had to remove my children to private school for better education and attention. Extracurricular activities are much better too.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Due to overcrowding and lack of acknowledgement that this is a problem, teachers cannot effectively provide a good learning platform for the children.

I have 2 children attending this school and they are both very happy. I do NOT have one negative thing to say about Cassell. The Principal and the staff are always going way and beyond.

I had my son in a catholic school since kindergarten except 7th and 8th grade ,, if I could back I would save my money!! Cassell is wonderful school !! Plus if your kids need help all the teachers are very willing to help!! The principle and the office staff are extremely friendly and are willing to help as much as they can. My son loves cassell. Education is excellent! The only thing I would say is get more sports teams,,, This would keep the kids busy.

Cassell is a great neighborhood school with great teachers who go up & beyond the call of duty! The children at school are kind & respectful! So happy my kids go here

this school has very smart and nice kids!i would not trade it for any other!there should be more school like cassell!the students are well trained and behaved!

While the school is okay, some parents have taken over and they run the school. its very "political" often feels like a lifetime movie. Overall its a good school and the teachers seem to really care a few bad apples by way of teachers and parents are making it a bad school along with overcrowding.

Last modified Cassell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.