Cicero, IL

Abe Lincoln Elementary School 3

Posted September 20, 2014
i am somewhat disappointed to read these last recent comments, I grew up in Lincoln school and my nephews went there after me...we all, including all my friends, loved this school and the majority of the teachers were awesome. They were very constant with progress updates and had a miscellaneous activities...what?! no music? ......this school need to get back up there , I would love my son to go here.

Abe Lincoln Elementary School 2

Posted January 24, 2014
I have three children here and met enough teachers to say that most young teachers are not focus on our children. My two oldest kids got bullied in school and still do. One teacher this yr is not young but acts like it. I always have to talk to teachers and set up conferences with the Dean but she is always busy and so I have to meet with the assistant principal. I have called district99 but things only change for a month or so. To me it does not matter how nice and clean the school is because the most important is our children. I am looking forward to moving to a new house and transfering my children next school year. Another thing this school is very strict on attendance and their funding. Other than that they do a half job.

Abe Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted January 23, 2014
My son has been attending Lincoln School since kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. Most of the staff is friendly and some of the teachers are outstanding. The renovations and expansion to the building a few years ago has made the school a lovely place for children to learn. The principal and assistant principal are welcoming and open to listening to parents. One improvement I would love to see is more consistent and standardized communication systems between teachers and parents. Some teachers are great about sending weekly newsletters, but this is not consistent across the school. I wish the school would take advantage of all of the technology that came with the building renovation and use those tools to find ways to keep parents informed about what children are learning in school. I've seen schools in our neighboring district use listservs, class webpages and blogs to keep parents informed and I wish Lincoln would follow this example.

Abe Lincoln Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2011
I have children in this school. The Teachers have been helpful and willing to help the children suceed. My only compaint is that for being a state of the art school they do not offer anything new for the children. No after school sports, no after school activities, no music classes. They have the room and kids are willing to put in the time if they would offer it.

Abe Lincoln Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2010
My son completed the 1st grade and i am quiet disappointed with the teacher's and staff. They show favoritism and my son had his lunch taken away on a few occasions due to their mistake on payments. The curriculum was inconstant and they're overall grading system is not very helpful to see what you can catch your child up on. If you have to take your child here, do lots of home teaching, reading, writing and math activities on your own with your child.

Abe Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted January 20, 2006
My kid attended his first years of school to a catholic school. I wanted to keep him in this kind of academic environment since I always thought he will get the best education. His school closed last year and I decided to register him to a public school (Abe Lincoln) I have been very suprised to see that my child is doing great he loves the school and his teacher. I must say that Lincoln is a very good school. The Principal tries to get parents involved by providing a number of activities to participate with the children. My kind's teacher reinforces constantly the importance of reading and my kid now reads more than before.

Abe Lincoln Elementary School
3545 South 61st Avenue, Cicero, IL  60804
Last modified Abe Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abe Lincoln Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top