Cicero, IL

Posted March 18, 2014
St. Frances Of Rome I m really happy with the school system they challenge my child and I feel like he his very advanced for his age. Looking back and at the public system like I was raised I rather pay get the extra push they need to get them going and to build that foundation needed to prepare them for good High school. Over all the school is great the teachers are great with kids, you don t have crowded classes rooms like in public school. The only thing I dislike is the whole always asking for money for one thing or another I don t mind so much the mandatory stuff but it gets ridicules at times fyi. I give it 5 stars!

Posted October 10, 2012
My child has been in this school from K-2 and I am very happy with the teachers and school system. I noticed that she is being challenged and the amount of work and the level of education is higher than what I remember learning at that age. There are some areas that can be improved but over all I am happy with the school. I have looked at the school ratings for Cicero Public Schools and I do not want to have my daughter involved in them. I rather pay my property taxes that go towards public school funding and additionally pay for private school. It is unfortunate that the public school ranking is so low but I am happy that there is an option. Plus, I am able to send my child to aftercare everyday which allows my husband and me to work a full day without worrying about picking up my daughter at regular dismissal. Lastly, another plus of having her in this school is that they are Catholic based and my daughter is being prepared to receive her sacraments. If you ask me, I rather pay for extra and assure her a better education, have the school serve as back up to the beliefs we are already teaching her at home, than to risk other influences I have seen walk into Cicero Public Schools.

Posted April 28, 2010
I am disappointed with the lack of academic rigor at the school, I would expect more for the large amount of money I am contributing to the school. I help out in many functions as do my parents and brothers for that matter. Although other parents do help out, I feel they do so because they are obligated or else they will be billed at the end of the year. Some teachers are from a teach for america program and I am not happy with that, I am payibg for a superior education and I wish they would offer one!

Posted September 10, 2009
This school in 08-09 was easy and it was a light punishment. Now they are rough, and I'm in Eight Grade, and last year i saw Eight Grade

St Frances Of Rome School 4

Posted November 14, 2008
I went to school here, k-8. It really prepared me for high school, and now I'm a senior about to graduate. It would be 5 stars, but i don't know whether they teach evolution or not.

Posted August 10, 2008
This is a great school. My kids attended this school for four years. Parents are really involved in the childs education. Teachers are super, always willing to help.

Posted February 17, 2008
My son has gone to this school for the past two years and has had nothing but a positive experience. He said he hopes to go to this school through eighth grade. The teachers are excellent and the entire school (teachers/parents/students) make you feel like you are a part of a family.

1401 South Austin Boulevard, Cicero, IL  60804
Last modified St Frances Of Rome School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Frances Of Rome School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top