PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted February 20, 2007
I enrolled my son last year in their preschool program - the best choice I ever made. This school is very family oriented - everyone knows you and that makes me feel safe - the education my son has received has been exceptional. Worth every penny that I have spent on my sons education.

Our Lady of Charity School 1

Posted January 12, 2007
My son attended OLC last year. That had been the worst decision I had made in my entire life. Parent communication was definitely missing. They are extremely disorganized. The curriculum was nothing to brag about. My son was coming home with math worksheets from a lower grade. Reading was not assigned on a daily basis. Students were given over one month to complete research papers on very simple topics. Trying to call the office before 8:00 or after 3:00 was impossible. I have since transferred my son to another school, and he is definitely being challenged. It's not wonder why so many of our children drop out of school. I am very surprised that the school is still operating. It should be closed. AG

Posted December 13, 2006
My grandson has attended this school K-8, and the education he has received I would say is second to none. Not only book sense, I am also speaking of morals and ethics. I cannot say how proud I am. I firmly believe this was truly a partnership between family and school and the two working together molded my grandson into the fine young man he is today. My middle daughter also watched and decided to move back to the area to send my granddaughter to this school and although she is only in kindergarten both my daughter and I very happy she did. I RECOMMEND HIGHLY to anyone that wants a quality education for their child to send them to OLC. Everyone at this school from the principal(fantastic),teachers(very dedicated and caring) to Miss Xochitl in the office(I do not know how she does it) this school is THE BEST!

Posted December 11, 2006
I attended OLC from kindergarten through eighth grade. I now attend Hinsdale South High School and I am doing very well, thanks to OLC. The teachers are great. Kids their do not have torn clothes as stated in a previous article. I would know because I was there last year. Kids who do not do well at OLC are usually in trouble a lot. So if parents send there kids to a public school, they are obviously going to do better because the education, standards, discipline, and expectations are lower. A person should not talk about this school because they were not actually there.

Our Lady of Charity School 1

Posted September 19, 2006
I sent my daughter and son to school at Our Lady of Charity. My daughter is so far behind in everything, I cant belive they charge for such a bad education. Its not like your typical private school, half the kids got holes and wrinkled clothes on. people are better off sending them to public schools... I put my kids in Lincoln which is a public school in the district and in 1 year you saw a tremendous difference.

Posted September 18, 2006
My son attended Our Lady of Charity from Kindergarten through Eighth grade and I could not be happier. The education and values he has learned throughout his years there will be with him forever. As he enters high school, both he and I see the difference between what he knows and what other kids who did not attend a catholic school know. He is ahead of them by quite a bit, which makes his transition quite a bit smoother. There are plenty of sports and activities for the kids to participate in. The parent involvement is also very noticeable. When you attend OLC, you feel like you are a part of a family. It was the best thing I ever did for my child.

Our Lady of Charity School
3620 S 57th Ct, Cicero, IL  60804
Last modified Our Lady of Charity School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8