Bad
Good

The teachers are the best-- they help the students soar! Quoting from the school song, "With our goals in sight we will persevere with the help of teachers who are near!" The staff is a very caring, loving, and beneficial group of people. The curriculum is taylored to every students' strengths and weaknesses, and at the same time, it is very challenging. This school helps us prepare the excellent students for Hinsdale Central, which is one of the best highschools in the state. Despite its small student body, students are able to connect with one another along with the teachers and staff. I am a student at this school and I have loved every minute of it-- every twist and turn, every opportunity-- every moment I spent in this school has been magical. There are so many extra curricular activities for all students' interests--something for everyone to enjoy. I have loved this school and reccomend it to everyone :) GO EAGLES!!!

This school leadership is broken and needs to be replaced. The staff that has been suspended years only to be allowed back has returned to the same behavior patterns. Many of the staff, all of which are over paid, do not work together to create a positive learning environment. I recently inquired to a teacher about a family that left CHMS and was shocked to hear the response. It was my understanding that the school has a certain level of confidence to obtain about student current and past. After contacting the family directly I learned that they had many of the same issues that we struggle with at CHMS. It is a shame that this school has been so overturned in the past few years because it was known as having a good reputation in the past. Let's hope that a change will come soon so that we can show our future leaders a positive way to interact positively in this world.

Upon registering my child in this school I was required to prove residency and provide a copy of my Sole Custody agreement including the financial settlement. I just learned that this school shared the details of my confidential financial agreement with a third party without my consent. This was done so via email and I have obtained the proof and forwarded a complaint with proof to the district office. The district refuses to take any action against the employee who shared this information without my consent. I am now being denied access to a refund due to me by a third party because the staff member assumed that they had the right to interject and direct who my refund should go to despite a third party contract solely in my name. The district is now claiming that it has nothing to do with them AFTER they interjected with the third party and attempted to block me from receiving money due to me. The proof is in writing and I am addressing the school board as the district office is taking no action to rectify. This school and the district does not recognize that information you provide is confidential nor do they have boundaries in interjecting themselves into your personal affairs.

I recently removed my children out of CHMS because the treatment my child received by the staff. After a serious complaint to the district office about a staff member my child started experience unfair treatment by several other staff members. The final straw was when a teacher locked my child out of a classroom when he came back from using the washroom for no reason. The teacher opened the door after my child knocked and then pushed my child backwards by placing both her hands on my child's chest. Both the school and the district failed to take any action against the teacher even after other children acknowledge that the teacher had pushed my child. The following day after making a complaint to the district office about the teachers behavior my child was then further targeted by getting a full day in school suspension for kicking a ball after the teacher had asked my child to stop one time which he didn't hear. My child had not served so much as one detention prior to this unfair punishment. The punishment was not in line with the schools behavior policy nor was I allowed to challenge it. Some of the staff members involved have been suspended in the past and allowed to return.

Very challenging curriculum matched to student's capabilities. Lot's of options for extracurriculars...should be something for everyone. Cliques are always an issue, but this school is large enough that the vast majority of kids will find their way to other like-minded kids for friendships. Great, well educated, professional staff provide top-notch instruction. With support from home, no reason kids at this school should not excel in high school and beyond. Very pleased overall.

My experience with this school as a parent has been very disappointing at best. Children are not allowed to use the washroom unless they have a bathroom pass which is limited to each student. If students turn in unused bathroom passes at the end of the school year they are award academic points! students When a teacher treats a student or parent inappropriately the principal will go to great lengths to cover it up. They need to evaluate the effectiveness of the leadership in the school.

I am very happy to be part of such a great community. CHMS is an academically outstanding school. Both the teachers and the administrative staff really care about the individual needs of each child. This is a true and perfect partnership between school and parents. CHMS deserves it's blue ribbon status!

Is all right as far as schools go , can be a bit cliqueish , depending on what side or area of Clarendon Hills you live in . The girls can be very snobby and the boy rude and sexist. The teachers are great as is the staff and support staff there , It is just sad because of some parents who look down on the working class of parents , not every one wears a suit and tie and has a mortgage for a 1 or more million dollar house . Thre seems to be a lot of good kids there and some great friendships to be made , but dont ever expect to be invited to their homes, he parents wont have anyof it . My children ejoyed and did grow at CHMS, but am glad they are out of there. They did very litle to prepare them for High School ,they are very afraid to talk to new people because of the way some of the students ttreated them there let alone the how the parents looked down at them and others . Whre some parents , both mom's and dad's voluntered happily at the school functions , some couldnt be bothered to , it was below them to do so , but allways had a complaint about how it was done , and they could have done better, "if they had the time " how much time does a non-working mom need ?

Last modified Clarendon Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.