Bad
Good

Such a great school! Great teachers and staff! Perfect learning environment with extras that aren't offered at some neighboring districts (Spanish, art, music). Everything a parent could ask for!

My son went to the CCECC for K and 1st grade. The principal is no longer at the school and there is a new principal. I loved the old principal but the new principal is also very nice. My son's K teacher was Mrs. Aichele. She was excellent. She is a very multi-sensory teacher and there wasn't a second in the classroom that wasn't used for learning, even when the kids were lined up with their coats on ready to leave for the day. My son's 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Alberico, was also very nice and she has passed down a phrase that we will never forget: "Every time you read, you get a little smarter." I have even used it at my job with my co-workers and employees.

My daughter attended the ECC for both Kindergarten and 1st Grade. It is a lovely school. The staff is excellent and friendly. Most importantly they work individually with the children to meet their needs. My daughter has grown leaps and bounds even after suffering a medical set back that greatly affected her performance in school. I can't say enough great things about Mrs. Vigna (1st grade), she truly is a blessing to the children she teaches.

My son was in Mrs. Haab's Kindergarten class. I cannot say enough about the great job she did. She goes above and beyond the district goals and curriculum. Every student that goes through her class will be well prepared to enter 1st grade. Thank you Mrs. Haab for another job well done.

As a grandparent and former teacher who worked with the kindergarten reading workshop, I cannot praise one of our kindergarten teachers enough for the wonderful preparation for first grade she provided for our grandson. If she is an example of the quality of teachers at the Coal City Early Childhood Center, we are very fortunate to have such a wonderful, caring staff. Thank you, Mrs. Haab.

Last modified Coal City Early Childhood Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-1