Collinsville, IL

Good Shepherd Lutheran School 3

Posted November 11, 2014
I made a review on the wrong school and this is just to replace it. Thanks.

Posted June 16, 2014
My child attended Good Shepherd Lutheran School (Collinsville IL) through eighth grade. The teachers and staff were wonderful, special, dedicated people. They still are. My child, now in college, learned valuable organizational and other skills at Good Shepherd. We did not worry about our baby at Good Shepherd. At this school, Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. Your child will be encouraged to accept that. Following your child's progress will encourage you to accept that. While our child was there, we joined the church. We were not expressly invited. We changed. This church is fearless in its mission: It has a fine chapel, but it built the school first. Thank God for Good Shepherd Lutheran School.

Good Shepherd Lutheran School 1

Posted February 04, 2014
Unfortunately we have seen a decline in leadership at the school over the last yea and a half. The focus tends to be on economic goals versus education, spiritual growth and social growth. It is very disappointing and we will be finding a new church and school home for our family.

Posted April 24, 2010
This school has wonderful teachers who care about each student. They even call the parents when they might think the child is having some trouble with something. I think that is pretty special. They do not let kids fall through the cracks. They really care.

Posted March 13, 2010
my son is in 3rd grade and far above the learning of most public facilities. The staff here is excellant and the facillity is modern with the best technology availlable

Good Shepherd Lutheran School 0

Posted September 24, 2009
My oldest son is in the preschool program at Good Shepherd Lutheran School. It's a wonderful school that encourages not only academic and social growth, but spiritual growth as well. Amazing teachers and wonderful community!

Good Shepherd Lutheran School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
The teachers care about their students and if there is problem or concern in the classroom they tend to it right away with the student if it continues, they call the parents and discuss any issues or conerns. The staff is excellent!!!

Posted January 19, 2009
I love my school! I have some friends in public schools that don't know as much as I do because I'm going to this wonderful school! The teachers are excellent and the students are all kind an christian. Even though it's exppensive, my parents and I both agree it's worth it! :-)

Posted May 24, 2008
I attended Good Shepherd from Pre-K to 8th grade and I now attend Collinsville High School. I am ranked in the top five of my class, and, not surprisingly, numerous other Good Shepherd alumni also rank among the top quarter of my graduating class. I highly recommend this school. During my years at Good Shepherd, I felt like I was part of a family rather than one unimportant part of a mass of children being shuffled through the public school system. Each teacher genuinely cares about the needs and the futures of their students and they strive daily to help each student make the most of themselves. Yes, the school may be expensive, but the education received here is more than worth it and I felt like the curriculum truly challenged me on a daily basis. One day, I hope to send my own children to Good Shepherd.

Posted December 17, 2007
Good Shepherd has been a wonderful school for our daughter. We are very pleased with the Christian education that she has been receiving. The class sizes have seemed slightly large but I feel that the school is really working on finding quality degreed Christian teachers. The environment is incredibly friendly. Personal interaction from the principal on a daily bases. He actually stands at the front door every morning to greet each student and parent. The curriculum seems appropriately challening for the age. We feel much better sending her to school here than we would any other school in this area.

Good Shepherd Lutheran School
1300 Belt Line Road, Collinsville, IL  62234
Last modified Good Shepherd Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Good Shepherd Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top