Country Club Hills, IL

Posted October 09, 2014
I am a student at Southwood middle school and this school needs lots of improvement. If your child doesn't attend Southwood already I suggest they don't. The principle is unnecessarily rude myself a about 5 other student made it to school at 7:50 and school doesn't start until 8:00 and the janitor opened the door for us to let us in but they wouldn't let us through the second door she kept us standing there making us late a parent came into the school to talk to the principle because her son was going to get a detention because this was his second tardy when they made us come into the office the principle called the parent over and she said they were all here on time they shouldn't get tardy slips and the principle said look have them here before 7:52and the mom said they were and the principle said ok and dismissed her in the most disrespectful way and after the parent left the principle continued to say rude thin under her breath and says something like I don't want to hear your story. this schools staff is rude and this school is ver poor.

Posted February 12, 2014
Just an awful school, I wouldn't recommend any parent to let there child go there. They are very unorganized. Seriously needs helps. If you are moving to the district for Southwood consider going to a private school (like St. John's, possibly?)

Southwood Middle School 4

Posted March 28, 2013
Southwood Middle School is changing in a positive direction. The new school administration is a bright light in the dim path of improvement for the school. I applaud the way the administration is trying to implement new things to improve the learning and well-being of all students.

Posted February 25, 2013
I am a former alumni of Southwood (c/o 1990). I am sad to see these posts. It is disturbing to see students are disrespectful, unfocused, and racist. I am noticing that many of the posts by the students are poorly spelled and lacking punctuation. This speaks to the veracity of the criticism. I am a Math and Science teacher in the city. I might move back to CC Hills and help out. I liked the education I got at Southwood. I found the teachers competent. I would love to see what measures the current administration is taking.

Posted October 05, 2011
Southwood is a real good school. Before I Went to Southwood, people keep telling me that it was such a bad school and when you get there youre nt goin to learn anything. I now go to Southwood. This is my 3rd year and i dont regret going here. The teachers try their best to get the students at the highest level of academics. Its nt the teachers fault the children are failing, its the children fault because they choose not to learn. Take it from a student who goes to Southwood NOW, Southwood does its best at evrything. I love all the teachers there. Class 2O11-2O12 <3

Southwood Middle School 2

Posted August 22, 2011
I posted my review on 9/10/10 but now I'm changing my mine. The school is decent. And is pretty great. The teachers try their best. It;s just the students. If you mind the drama and the cursing in each sentence then this is the school for you. I can't say that their aren't good students but, oh well. The beginning of the school year was great but it sucked toward the end. I'm usually excited for the first day of school but not anymore. It's an eh school. Great staff though especially the Librarian. >,>

Posted September 10, 2010
Its my first year and this school is a decent school. It has the best lunch and the nicest teacher. If your students are failing thats your fault. They dont turn in their stuff and isnt responsible. The teachers try their best and teach to the students abilities. There might be drama but this school is awsome. I read some of your reviews before I went to the school and I didnt even want to go. But now that I did I'm not regreting. Dont hate and aprreciate the fact that your judging a school base on opinions.

Posted June 07, 2010
southwood middle school is a great school and u parents no nothing about southwood i am from class of 09 do not talk about my school like that your child is dum and face do not take it out on the teacher the are trying to teach your child somthing and your child won't learn nothing becase he/she is dum! class of 09

Southwood Middle School 0

Posted March 25, 2010
-southwood* overall southwood was a decent school.The teachers are ignorant and pick fights with the children, when doing that of course nobody is going to let them , there fore the arguments arise which they start. Then they blame it on us. well used to because i go to rich central now. but anyways Mr.short is a cool nice caring staff member who i can say actually cares the most about his student at southwood. but <3southwood =] [08-09] qotta love iit !.

Posted March 23, 2010
I taught at Southwood Middle School and I believe there is a lack of support for the staff members from parents and administration. I also believe that there are many wonderful students that possess great potential for success. However, due to the oversized classroom rosters, lack of support from administration, a non-friendly office environment, disorganized school events, and the overall lack of student accountability from administration leads to the faultering of potential success on all sides of the spectrum. There are so many wonderful teachers at Southwood and I'll miss them all!

Southwood Middle School
18635 Lee Street, Country Club Hills, IL  60478
Last modified Southwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwood Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top