Crest Hill, IL

Posted January 27, 2014
My wife and I can't say enough positive things about JMS. We are amazed everyday by the growth of our children not only as students but as human beings. To our children, JMS isn't just school- it's home. Their teachers- family!

Posted November 15, 2013
Our daughter is a first year in the elementary program and I couldn't be happier with the teacher/directress she was assigned. My daughter has a food allergy and the procedures they have put in place in her classroom to ensure that she is safe throughout the day is above and beyond what my wife and I could have asked for. My daughter still feels very included all aspects of the classroom and learning how to be responsible for herself and her condition. The life lessons she is learning along with her academic lessons are irreplaceable. We couldn't be happier that we did not send her to a public school where she wouldn't have been able to have entire school body and staff looking out for her safety and made sure she was still included in all aspects of school life. Thank you for making her feel so loved and cared for.

Posted November 15, 2013
I'm so happy to have found JMS! This is an ideal example of a Montessori program. New to the area, this school has allowed my son to transition well and I have found a place in the community through our school. We are truly thankful to be part of such an accepting and wonderful school. I could not ask for better teachers either!

Posted November 15, 2013
My husband and children attended Joliet Montessori School. It was a great experience for us all. Both my children wrote college essays on the unique and valuable education they received at JMS and the positive impact it continues to have on their life and academic pathways. My son still proudly recalls mastering long division in kindergarten! His love of math continues today and he is exploring engineering as his field of study. The Montessori method promotes problem solving and analytical thinking, important tools for all students to learn for their future success. Moreover, it emphasizes development of the whole child as well as respect for others. The current Head of School is a dynamic leader who is actively engaged with staff and parents. The staff is highly trained and experienced. If you are looking for an unbelievable experience for your child, I would definitely consider the Joliet Montessori School. Your child will be introduced to the infinite aspects of the world will live in. Imagine your four year old discussing the lemurs that live on Madagascar and that the country's major export is vanilla! Mine did.

Posted November 15, 2013
Joliet Montessori School has been a great place for me to work for over 8 years. The children at the school are thriving; they are full of life and happily excelling. The school is dedicated to a classic Montessori education. It has been part of the community since 1966. JMS is known by the Association Montessori Internationale as a significant American school. I have been, and continue to be, proud to be a associated with it and the people who are its leaders..

Posted November 14, 2013
We have been at Joliet Montessori School for 6 years now and are very satisfied. The Directresses, Staff and Head of School create the perfect and unique environment for the children to accel. We are so pleased with our daughters' progress. Thanks to JMS they are both very well rounded, mature and intelligent little people. The community as a whole is so rewarding. There are many events, clubs and activities outside of class for the families. Note: We live two blocks from another Montessori but choose JMS because of the above reasons. Signed - Very Satisfied Parents

Posted November 14, 2013
My children attend Joliet Montessori School and I can say that I have found a family in this little school. The teachers are truly exceptional. I know their goal is to guide my children to a better understanding of not only academics but also the world and how they play a part in it. I see the difference this school has made in our lives and I feel so fortunate to be a part of such a wonderful community.

Posted July 18, 2013
My child attends Joliet Montessori School. New to the area, we are so happy to have found JMS. My son quickly adapted to his new school which help provide our family a nice transition to our new locale. The staff is accommodating and helpful in finding not just the right education but also making logistics for working parents fit.

Joliet Montessori School 1

Posted March 12, 2013
What a waste of time and money! The principal is a complete joke. No idea how to connect with parents. Her only interest is money. Teachers are frustrated with her "leadership:" The place is falling apart. Long time teachers and families have left due to the lack of good ole fashion educational values and commitment to the children. Unfortunately I had to rate the school with 1 star. They do not even deserve that. What a shame. It was a great place years back.

Posted November 08, 2011
Such an incredible school!!! The faculty, staff and the Head of School, Ms. Carol Andrew provide my daughter with the best learning environment we could EVER ask for in a school. My daughter is reading at a 2nd grade level and is five years old!! We are thrilled to have found this hidden gem!! I love the Montessori method!!! I cannot image giving a better gift to our children!!!

Joliet Montessori School
1600 Root Street, Crest Hill, IL  60403
Last modified Joliet Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-9
Joliet Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top