PK-9|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

It was like a build up. "Hey, look how amazing this school is! I'm so advanced, this is great." To "Why have they stopped teaching me things? Why is every lessons repitition of what they said years ago?" In my time at Montessori, I learned more from the world encyclopidias, then I did the school.

Joliet Montessori School is a wonderful place to send your children. You will see them grow within a community of people dedicated to teaching each, individual student. The staff are dedicated to make sure you and your children have the best experience possible. When you set the bar high for academic success, children will reach it. That's what JMS does every day.

Amount of homework: Agree

Students do not receive homework. They are encouraged to read, engage in extra curricular activities, and spend time with their families.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The goal of Montessori school is to treat each child as an individual person. Learning takes place for each child within a loving and supportive community. Grace and courtesy are instilled in students starting at age 3.

My wife and I can't say enough positive things about JMS. We are amazed everyday by the growth of our children not only as students but as human beings. To our children, JMS isn't just school- it's home. Their teachers- family!

Our daughter is a first year in the elementary program and I couldn't be happier with the teacher/directress she was assigned. My daughter has a food allergy and the procedures they have put in place in her classroom to ensure that she is safe throughout the day is above and beyond what my wife and I could have asked for. My daughter still feels very included all aspects of the classroom and learning how to be responsible for herself and her condition. The life lessons she is learning along with her academic lessons are irreplaceable. We couldn't be happier that we did not send her to a public school where she wouldn't have been able to have entire school body and staff looking out for her safety and made sure she was still included in all aspects of school life. Thank you for making her feel so loved and cared for.

I'm so happy to have found JMS! This is an ideal example of a Montessori program. New to the area, this school has allowed my son to transition well and I have found a place in the community through our school. We are truly thankful to be part of such an accepting and wonderful school. I could not ask for better teachers either!

My husband and children attended Joliet Montessori School. It was a great experience for us all. Both my children wrote college essays on the unique and valuable education they received at JMS and the positive impact it continues to have on their life and academic pathways. My son still proudly recalls mastering long division in kindergarten! His love of math continues today and he is exploring engineering as his field of study. The Montessori method promotes problem solving and analytical thinking, important tools for all students to learn for their future success. Moreover, it emphasizes development of the whole child as well as respect for others. The current Head of School is a dynamic leader who is actively engaged with staff and parents. The staff is highly trained and experienced. If you are looking for an unbelievable experience for your child, I would definitely consider the Joliet Montessori School. Your child will be introduced to the infinite aspects of the world will live in. Imagine your four year old discussing the lemurs that live on Madagascar and that the country's major export is vanilla! Mine did.

Joliet Montessori School has been a great place for me to work for over 8 years. The children at the school are thriving; they are full of life and happily excelling. The school is dedicated to a classic Montessori education. It has been part of the community since 1966. JMS is known by the Association Montessori Internationale as a significant American school. I have been, and continue to be, proud to be a associated with it and the people who are its leaders..

We have been at Joliet Montessori School for 6 years now and are very satisfied. The Directresses, Staff and Head of School create the perfect and unique environment for the children to accel. We are so pleased with our daughters' progress. Thanks to JMS they are both very well rounded, mature and intelligent little people. The community as a whole is so rewarding. There are many events, clubs and activities outside of class for the families. Note: We live two blocks from another Montessori but choose JMS because of the above reasons. Signed - Very Satisfied Parents

Last modified Joliet Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-9