Crestwood, IL

Posted September 12, 2013
I went to this school and now my daughter is in 6th grade. I love this school! I think she is getting an excellent education. The teachers have high expectations for the students and they are academic powerhouses. They teach tirelessly and care about my child like she was their own. And that principal and new assistant prinicpal are exceptional! I hope they never leave!

Posted December 06, 2012
Nathan Hale Middle School is a great school to send your kids. All the staff members are great and keeps the parents informed on everything. Mrs. McNeal is a great asset to this school also. She never fails to report whatever is going on with my child. Keep up the great work.

Posted August 26, 2012
This is a great school. Great staff, great environment. I transfered my two older kids into this school and right away were welcomed and started to perform better. Now i transfered my youngest into 6th grade and already has great friends and great motivation to come to school everyday. The parents have always showed alot of involvement and interest for the this school. There are 3 middle schools and i am glad Hale is one of them.

Posted October 05, 2009
I love NHM school because the teachers there care about their students. Some of the teachers have seen multiple generations of my family and they exp. teachers who make a difference

Posted April 08, 2009
This is my child second year at nathan hale and i do see a lot of potential for the kids that do not need the additional attention and help. If your child is already bright and need no help in any area, then he/she will acheive all goals. However i feel this school lacks the help for children that does not already have great attention span or is not a quick learner. Smaller classes make smarter kids. Too many kids to a class.

Posted May 30, 2008
i happen to go to hale middle and i think the teachers are great, the curriculum amazing and overall its a great school to attend.

Nathan Hale Middle School 4

Posted September 20, 2006
I am actually surprised at some of the parents reviews that I read. I currently have a daughter at Nathan Hale Middle School in the 6th grade. This is her first year at Nathan Hale and it also her first year at a public school. I am aware of my daughters weak academic areas and I have taken steps to communicate to her teachers that I need constant communication and updates on my child's status. It has only been a few weeks and I have spoken with her teachers and received progress academic reports on my child's status. I think it is all about communication with your child's teacher and staying on top of child making sure he or she is doing what they are suppose to do. However, I do agree about email. They do need to have that available for communication between parent and student.

Nathan Hale Middle School 1

Posted September 09, 2006
This school is severely lacking in all areas! These teachers are letting the kids 'slide by.' There is no communication and the school is behind the times as far as having an updated website & use of e:mail. I was told last year that the teachers don't use e:mail because the 'system has a lot of bugs.' Poor excuse. This school needs to get with the times -- how about using powerschool like many of the other schools in the area?

Nathan Hale Middle School 2

Posted May 25, 2006
newly remodeled school but lack substance

Nathan Hale Middle School 2

Posted May 04, 2006
I think the teachers need to inform the parents a little more regarding the childs academic profile. I'm also dissappointed in the school regarding summer school. My step son has failed 3 courses all year and they didn't send him to summer school or offer tuttoring.

5220 135th Street, Crestwood, IL  60445
Last modified Nathan Hale Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nathan Hale Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top