Posted October 08, 2013
Husmann is a great school. I would say one of the best. The teachers and staff really care about their students. If there are any issues to be handled, it is taken care of immediately! As we grow into the technology world, they don't forget the old fashioned way of doing things as well. The principal is fantastic. She is professional, caring and efficient. The Vice Principal is amazing too. He is patient, kind, and helps the parents as the children grow through their stages of life. Also, the PTO works hard to support the school is so many ways. Husmann is a true blessing to our community.

Husmann Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2009
Husmann is a great school with great teachers. However, I have to agree with the parent who has a child with learning delays. My son also experienced frustrations and instead of being proactive, the professionals are reactive. 6 months later, things are worse and they look to me to 'fix' it. His teacher is WONDERFUL, but the support staff have provided no real value.

Posted September 22, 2008

Posted September 05, 2008

Posted May 20, 2008
My son started second grade here at Husmann. He is a bit shy and I was somewhat afraid of how social he would be. He loves Husmann. The teachers are very approachable and the things he is learning is well above what other kids his age are doing in other public schools. The science program is great. He wishes there wasnt a summer vacation because he will miss school but as the years go on he will be looking forward to that break.

Posted August 31, 2006
This is my son's second year at Husmann. We were at another D-47 school for K-2 and the difference is amazing. His 3rd grade teacher was wonderful, the staff was great and the principal really cares about the students. Husmann is a great place to send your kids.

Husmann Elementary School 3

Posted April 04, 2006
I am a parent of three children who attend Husmann. Every school has its pros and cons, and here is my personal opinion. Pros: excellent parent support to the school (HPTO works very hard at creating a family atmosphere.) There are some excellent teachers as well, my kids love all their teachers. The music, art and new hands on science program are great too. However, there is one important con I think should be spoken. There is a 'wait and see' approach taken by the school if a parent is expressing concern about a learning disability. Prior to entering the school is a different story. But because most parents don't see a disability until after a few years of schooling this approach can be devistating to a childs self confidence and educational success. Evaluations and cooperation on helping children are not as readily available as you may think at this school.

Husmann Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2006
At this time i have a child in the Kindergarden at Husmann. He loves his teahcer and so do I. Iam very happy with my experiacne at Husmann. He enjoys going to music, art and gym. In each class he tells me what he did and what he loved about it.

Posted August 24, 2005
I am the mother of 4 and Grandmother of 5 with 3 of them Husmann students (past or current) and can honestly say that Husmann is the best elementary school I have ever had the priviledge of interacting with. What makes Husmann so GREAT...the people!! Parents, Teachers, Principal, PTO, well-behaved students,etc. all make Husmann so special and give the students a place where it is fun to learn and therefore the desire to achieve! This is why I chose to drive 50-60 miles to volunteer and attend my grandchildrens school activities and become an active part of such a phenomenal school.

Posted February 19, 2005
Husmann demonstrates an emphasis on quality academic programs and encourages parent involvement and support. The school provides a safe, caring, and inviting environment for children. The teaching staff is dedicated, professional, and places a high importance on life long learning and continuing education. Husmann has a 'family' atmosphere and prmotes the feeling of a true neighborhood school.

Husmann Elementary School
131 West Paddock Street, Crystal Lake, IL  60014
Last modified Husmann Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Husmann Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top