Posted March 15, 2014
This school is well below average and should not rate a 6, it would be a 4 at best. They have one of the worst music programs that my children have been involved with. The teachers terach to the lowest level to achieve their test standards. This school has a large problem with bulling not just at school but also cyber and their response has been and continues to be "it's a neighborhood issue". If you are planning on moving to the Crystal Lake area stay clear you will be heavily disappointed.

Posted July 15, 2013
North is a fabulous school with an engaged and energetic staff. We are part of the dual language program and we are so blessed to live where we can attend North. LOVE this school.

Posted June 07, 2013
North is the best school in the area! The principal and staff are awesome! After having very negative experiences with Coventry, North was a welcome change for us. The teachers are all really caring and helpful and energetic. They provided my son with extra help in writing, math and reading. Although my son did really well in a small group setting, I liked that they seemed to also integrate him in the main classroom as much as possible, so he felt like he was a part of his class and wasn't missing out on things, which was one of my worries about him participating in a LD program. He is now in middle school where he is really outgoing and excels in a small group setting and as he is gaining confidence, is doing better in the large classroom too. Crystal Lake seems to be a nice place to live. I generally don't see kids (or parents) with the annoying 'over privileged' attitudes. My three kids have never had problems with bullying or harassment from anyone in any of the Crystal Lake schools or busses they've been in. The Crystal Lake school system and community seems to take these issues seriously and really provides a positive learning environment for the kids!

Posted April 09, 2012
This school is amazing. The teachers are very caring and always easy to get a hold of. My child has improved a lot over the last 2 years being here and would hate to leave if we had to.

Posted January 16, 2011
The reading teachers here are wonderful. I love the fact that it is a small enough school so that teachers and administrators make the kids feel welcome and secure.

Posted January 14, 2010

North Elementary School 0

Posted November 11, 2008
We have had a wonderful experience at North. The Teachers have been amazing and very caring and supportive of our daughter's particular needs. They seem to be in-tune with what is going on in the individual kids lives and become very avaialble for them both academically and emotionally. Thank you to a great school and great teachers!

North Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2008

Posted January 07, 2008
If you have a child with learning differences, I would do some serious searching and consider other options. Their are resourceful programs out their, and North Elementary doesn't seem to tap into those. Children that have learning differences need the support and access to different ways of learning. How long would you let your child go without reading? Will they be just another one that slips through the cracks? Do you think that perhaps it may have something to do with the teacher or the program that they are using? Just something to consider. They do not have the sophistication that they like to think that they have.

North Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2006
North is the best. My son has gone to north for a couple of years now and we are very pleased. We love the dual language program that they started. I think that the only thing that is missing is the after school sports. That would be great to have. Thank you North School!

North Elementary School
500 West Woodstock Street, Crystal Lake, IL  60014
Last modified North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top