Crystal Lake, IL
Students enrolled: 1,014

Richard F Bernotas Middle School 3

Posted September 05, 2013
The new theme they are trying to incorporate is not affective (the six pillars character) and seems pointless. It has not changed any way we feel towards our peers and ourselves. The school has a pretty fair environment, except for the few teachers who are not as much of a pleasure to be around. The food they serve at school has slowly gotten worse. There is a sandwich line with processed cheese and meat, and the choices in the regular line include pizza, cheeseburgers, dry packaged salads, hot dogs, tacos, wraps which are just the salad wrapped up in a tortilla, and then the daily choice which normally is either chicken nuggets or chicken sandwiches. Now I would like to speak of the more positive things in the school. The support the principals give us are exceptional on a personal level. Also, most teachers give you the freedom to listen to music in class. I also enjoy the tv show in the morning that informs us about the activities and sports going on. There are many other things I would like to say about this school, but obviously there are not enough characters given. Overall, Bernotas has a pretty well formed staff, but not as good intentions for the students.

Posted November 17, 2009

Posted March 07, 2009

Richard F Bernotas Middle School 0

Posted February 26, 2008
This school is the best Crystal Lke has to offer for middle schools. Staff was outstanding, leadership A +, and they really care about their children. The environment was beyond pleasant in comparison to the other middle school, and they promote a very pleasant atmosphere.

Posted February 02, 2008
I love my a Middle School, but a few new things may be done =) (Painting walls, new floors, lockers)

Richard F Bernotas Middle School 1

Posted January 17, 2008

Posted August 25, 2007

Posted August 31, 2006
My daughter is starting her 3rd year at Bernotas. For the most part, we're very happy. The discipline can be a bit overboard at times, but that may be necessary give the times we live in. She's had great teachers who are very accessible for help. They all have email and have been very quick to respond to any concerns or questions.

Richard F Bernotas Middle School 4

Posted June 12, 2006
My daughter attended this school for 2 years and I couldn't be happier. The teacher / parent contact was very good and my daugher enjoyed going to school every day. My daugher was in special education and I found they cared and really were very in tuned to her needs. Now we're moving, and it will be a real chore trying to find something that will measure up to this school. They really went over and beyond.

Richard F Bernotas Middle School 4

Posted September 16, 2004
So far we (my husband and I) have been very impressed with the way the school is shaping our child. The whole atmosphere is very real. There is a lot more diversity in this school which is precisely how it should be considering the fact that minorities play a very major role in organizations. The Principal and Vice-principals are pretty up to date with the current methodology of teaching and they appear more grounded. The only negative point is the lack of timely communication. But then this is not to be blamed on the school. Middle-schoolers are notorious for leaving things in their lockers.

Richard F Bernotas Middle School
170 North Oak Street, Crystal Lake, IL  60014
Last modified Richard F Bernotas Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richard F Bernotas Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top