Crystal Lake, IL

Posted October 29, 2014
We couldnt have chosen a better school! The principle, teachers, extended programs and counselors are truly helpful and more than accomodating. Full time Kindergarten was an awesome choice and much less expensive than the park districts or private preschools. The quality of education is not found too often, and the teachers willingness to help our children during a few tough months, exceeded our expectations. Thanks South!

Posted October 14, 2014
hola buenas tardes,,mi nombre es nora hernandez madre de edgar mateos me gustaria saber como puedo tener informacion acerca de el ultimo grado de escuela que mi hijo estudio ya que ahora se encuentra el en mexico y eso es lo que piden en la escuela un comprobante de el ultimo grado que estudio en north elmentary school..espero puedan responder pronto por su atencion muchas gracias....

South Elementary School 1

Posted October 06, 2014
The school has a great anti bullying policy. Its too bad the principal is the biggest bully I've ever met. She has a cookie cutter mold she believes all children should be and if they're not she makes their lives hard. Also, if you don't fork over the $$$ for full time kindergarten your child will be behind and the teachers don't believe its their job to catch them up. They will also blame this on the parents. Its also really hit or miss with teacher quality. And if you find that your teacher isn't a good match for your child the principal will have the teachers back and quickly blame your child instead or you. Over all I'm less happy with this elementary school and it's politics then I hopped I would have been.

Posted April 12, 2014
I am very happy with South! There is a lot of parent involvement and a real sense of school pride. My son looks forward to going to school and is learning a lot; they're clearly doing something right. I'm looking forward to enrolling my second son when the time comes!

Posted April 01, 2014
South Elementary has a great team of teachers and staff. My kids have great pride in their school and so do I. The teachers and staff went to great lengths to help my son when he was going through separation anxiety in first grade going from a half day of school to a full day. They worked hard to get to know him and buddied him up with kids who had a similar personality, which are his best friends to date! I am extremely thankful to South Elementary for helping turn school into a fun place that my boys look forward to going to all school year long! I wish I could give this school a10 star rating!

Posted July 15, 2013
South is a great school. It is small enough for the kids to feel 'at home' and not just a 'number.' We have had great experiences with teachers and staff over the years.

South Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2012
The principal and teachers are not helful at all, a specialy 5th graders - Mrs. S :(

Posted October 15, 2009
They have great teachers!!

South Elementary School 4

Posted November 09, 2008

Posted January 14, 2006

South Elementary School
601 Golf Road, Crystal Lake, IL  60014
Last modified South Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top