Bad
Good

we love this school and the community around the school! We are getting ready to send our son to Kindergarten, we have a 1st grader and 2nd grader there now and have learned in leaps and bounds!

Very impressed with Woodscreek school and the staff. Every teacher my children have had has been wonderful. My kids are challenged with their academics and the teaching style makes learning fun. Communication from teacher to parent is good. Only thing I would add is maybe another conference in Feb or March. As a parent I feel very welcome at the school. There is plenty to get involved within the classrooms and the school in general.

This is our first year at Woods Creek and we are so impressed. Both the Principal and Asst. Principal are very involved and do a fantastic job running the school. One or both of them are outside with the students at the end of every day--they are so personable and friendly with everyone!! My daughter's teacher is also terrific--always quick to respond if I have a question and a lot of communication so I know what is going on in class. She uses a lot of positive reinforcement--which has done wonders on my daughter's confidence and love of school. I would highly recommend this school!

I love this school. My children have had wonderful experiences here. I have never hesitated to call or e-mail a teacher with concerns or questions. The principal and vice principal are easy to approach too. As far as volunteering with the classroom, not much opportunity in kindergarten but lots in 1-5. Parents come in to read with children and talk about their books, some teachers need clerical help, editing, and book publishing. If you are looking for volunteer opportunities, the TAP room is always accepting volunteers and there are so many PTO activities to help with. I have always made a huge effort to talk with the teachers and to be involved which makes me feel more comfortable about Woods Creek.

Very disappointed in the leadership and some of the teachers.

This is our first year at Woodscreek and so far I am a little disappointed. While they seem to be a great school academically, I feel parental involvement in the classroom is only encouraged if you 'know' the teacher. Other than a report card, there doesn't seem to be much real communication with respect to how my child is doing. I am hoping this is just our experience with this 1 teacher and next year proves to be a much better year.

We were concerned that changing from a small (180students) private school to a large (800+) public school would be at best, traumatic for our 10 year old. Nothing could be further from the truth, and we credit the entire staff at Woods Creek for this fabulous outcome! He enjoys school and is doing well. Staff, other parents & Extended Time personnel. These are truly quality people.

This is a shining example of what a great school should be. The teachers and administration are very active in developing all the skills necessary. Mrs. Rubin is the best teacher I have ever encountered!

Principal is very involved in school. Teachers are very committed to their students. We have had great experiences from K on up.

High quality academic programs. Light on sports activities. Very high-level of parental involvement. Multi-age (MAC) for grades 1/2 and 4/5 provide a different learning experience than the traditional elementary program (also offered). The Principal is a huge proponent of MAC classes. The risk with MAC is that your child will have the same teacher for 2 years in a row. If you get a 'dud' you have her for 2 years.

Last modified Woods Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.