Crystal Lake, IL

Posted August 04, 2014
My son will be starting 1st grade and my daughter will be new to IP this year in kindergarten. We had a very positive experience last year with our son in kindergarten. Mrs. Martin, his teacher, has been teaching over 20 years of kindergarten children an we just love her! She made this 1st school experience a wonderful one for my son and his nervous mom! I was kept in the loop regarding most information. I think the school could improve in keeping parents informed by using a more user friendly way of checking the children's work, progress, and important upcoming or current information. A website that we could easily log in and see our children in class would be amazing! The drawback of sending papers home with kids is the info can be lost. I liked the computer lab starting in Kindergarten! I love the positive reinforcement and incentives to keep interests on reading. We look forward to having both our kids in school at IP. The principal, teachers and all the staff we have met are kind, welcoming, and seem to have the children's best interests in mind. I hope this next year will be fun, rewarding and a positive experience.

Indian Prairie Elementary School 2

Posted April 10, 2014
There was just a post regarding the health teacher at Indian Prairie and someone at the school deleted it..... As stated ....health teachers need to teach health by example. With all the complaints it seems that someone would rather delete the problem than address it. Obesity is a chronic problem perhaps someone in district could agree...even if her husband is a football coach.

Posted January 16, 2014
I could never say enough wonderful things about Indian Prairie Elementary school. The teachers are skilled, kind and always available to help a child or a parent. The office staff is the same. We have been in this school for many years. My oldest is a senor in high school and my youngest is in 2nd grade. I have 2 more in-between. This is the reason we moved to Crystal Lake. District 47 is well run.

Posted April 10, 2013
I have just transferred my son to this school and already he is loving it. I keep hearing from other parent and former students how much they love the teachers.

Posted August 18, 2012
My child is entering 5th grade this year, and has attended Indian Prairie since Kindergarten. I couldn't be happier with the teachers and staff. They do a great job at accommodating students at different levels. As a volunteer during class time, I was very impressed with the style of teaching. I would highly recommend Indian Prairie!

Posted November 19, 2011
My son is in kindergarten this year and I don't have a single bad thing to say about the school. His teacher is great, the administration is excellent. They obviously care about their students and it's an excellent environment for learning.

Posted March 23, 2009
This school is great.Wonderfull principal and assistant principle!!!

Indian Prairie Elementary School

Posted February 11, 2009
I moved here from a different district when my son was in 2nd grade. That school was academically in the 'top ten, ' academically. Mr. Kelly and Mrs White are amazing! The only issue I have is wiht the teacher parent communication this year. I would like more direct feedback, Still, overall a great school!

Posted January 08, 2009
This is an amazing school. You know you have arrived to a special place when you step through the doors.

Indian Prairie Elementary School 4

Posted April 19, 2007
Indian Prairie Elementary School is a mixed bag based on grade. Our child has attended K-3rd grade so far. It was our experience in 1st and 3rd grade that teacher's claiming to invite parent interaction actually did not relish the input. 2nd grade was excellent with respect to classroom discipline and teacher parent collaboration. Extracurricular activities are good at the school - no complaints. My wife and I have found that you need to develop a good relationship with the teacher from day 1. Keep asking tough questions related to your childs development regularly. If our child is doing poorly let us know sooner rather than later in the quarter. Heavy emphasis on getting all students up to speed for standardized testings. Overall a very good school and experience with some rough edges that can be smoothed out with pro-active parents.

Indian Prairie Elementary School
651 Village Road, Crystal Lake, IL  60014
Last modified Indian Prairie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Prairie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top