Crystal Lake, IL
Students enrolled: 1,588

Posted December 06, 2013
My daughter is a freshman at CLC and we are new to this district. She LOVES the school - so I love the school. She said most everyone is friendly and agrees that the students don't care which "group" you belong to.. most everyone talks to everyone. I've been super impressed with her teachers and the amount of work they give. Not too little, not to much. The Booster/ Parent support for the school is awesome - everyone really seems to like it here. I couldn't be more pleased. Communication is great - honestly, could not think of one area that needs improvement. CLC gets an A+ from us.

Crystal Lake Central High School 2

Posted August 19, 2013
While they did provide some good classes geared towards something you might actually give two poops about, be prepared to be pushed around by the lack-of-a-heartbeat counselors. They put you into classes that mean nothing and sometimes the class' credit doesn't go towards graduation. If your child is going here, make sure he/she has the willingness from day one to get what they want and need schedule wise. One semester I had 4! study halls EVERYDAY. I was wasting my life away in a silent room filled with people who wanted to do something for themselves but couldnt.

Crystal Lake Central High School 1

Posted May 26, 2013
I beg parents looking to move to this area to reconsider. Moving here has been the worst expierence of my life. I moved here from the St. Louis area. I was at the time handicapped with various illnesses but optimistic. I've always been able to make friends easily too so i wasnt particularly worried about the people. I lack the proper words to describe the hell these kids put me through. Even now, I am no longer visablly handicapped or anything, I am treated awfully. I just a few weeks ago, about a month before the end of the year, succeeded in having a person actually talk to me so I guess that's a step up. I go back to Missouri as often as I can and am treated great. While being here I've made friends with people all over the place: ca, mn, wi, tx, ny but still have no friends here. Don't move here. You'll regret it. That being said most of the teachers are phenomenal. So if you care about that more than your kids happiness and or sanity then by all means move here. Oh and that comment that says they aren't the stereotypical highschool I've heard that same thing from 10 different people. Word for word. I think that's a tad creepy. Also 100% false.

Posted September 20, 2010
I owe my life to Crystal Lake Central. I am a university student now, happily on my way to graduating with honors, and I owe it to CLC. The teachers, the programs, the whole spirit of the school taught me that school can be a home away from home. Crystal Lake Central will always be in my heart, I can't wait to teach someday and do just what CLC did for me.

Posted April 24, 2010
Without a doubt the best highschool experience for me as a parent and my children. Tremendous attention to detail yet with the freedom to allow children to grow into adults. Great athletic and musical programs as well as a broad range of business, science and math programs for kids to choose from. The parent and community support is unprecidented.

Posted December 17, 2009
I am a big fan of Crystal Lake Central High School. My oldest daughter has attended the school the last two years and has had nothing but a positive experience. They offer fantastic classes for them to choose from. Wonderful staff that helps the students and gets them involved. From the first time she stepped foot in the school back in 8th grade, just to pick her classes, she was excited to attend it. Great parent involvement. A real home town school !I'm so lucky to have her go to this school.

Posted September 29, 2009
We love Crystal Lake Central because our son loves it. His high school experience has been far more positive than anything his father or I ever experienced. There are so many opportunities for the kids at Central, no matter where their interests and talents lie. If you want to be an involved student, you can be! Plus, it also says a lot that the teachers love to be there, too. On parent night, every single teacher we visited started off by telling us, 'I have the best job in the world!' This shows the high level of involvement and dedication the teachers have toward the school and its students.

Posted September 16, 2009
Great teachers, great programs, great french classes, great student body, and great extracurricular activities.

Posted September 16, 2009
It is not the stereotypical high school! We have virtually no cliques and each class is it's own big happy family. We all come together and have THE BEST spirit around without a doubt!

Posted February 25, 2009
My daughters go to Crystal Lake Central High School and it is a wonderful school with great academics, music and activities. I couldn't pick a better school for them to attend. There is a very warm and welcoming atmosphere at this school.

Crystal Lake Central High School
45 W Franklin Ave, Crystal Lake, IL  60014
Last modified Crystal Lake Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crystal Lake Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top