Crystal Lake South High School 2

Posted September 20, 2014
The school it's self is just okay. The emphasis here seems to revolve around football and cheerleading and being popular, not smart. The school only seems to promote that and nothing else. We have had many teachers that give the kids answers to tests the day before and this is so the school's testing numbers are higher. This is cheating, plain and simple. Not something we want our children to learn. As for the district it is very poorly run. If you are choosing a place to live and are considering Crystal Lake & it's high schools beware and really look into other areas. We wish we had done that.

Posted January 28, 2014
South is a very good school. When I moved to Crystal Lake IL In 2010 I felt very welcome by the students and staff. South has great Academic and Athletic programs. Our Football team is great and they just upgraded our Bleachers and Gym floors. We have alot of school pride. We also have a pit that we usually decorate for our football games. We have a great and young staff who actually puts the time and effort and actually cares about their students. Im glad i moved from my old high school Lake Park High School. That place was awful. I'm glad to be a CLS Gator!!!

Crystal Lake South High School 2

Posted January 16, 2014
Academic teachers are very good. Some coaches are kind but others are bully's and only concerned with their teams athletics and getting their team members out of trouble. They do not encourage studying or community service. The District Administration/Board is terrible and seems to lead the bullying that some in the school follow. I would have recommended this school/district in the past but it has quickly gone down hill & I no longer would. Possibly if current administration is dismissed they could save the reputation of the school.

Crystal Lake South High School 1

Posted January 05, 2014
As a formor student of this high school; the teachers did not prepare me for college during my first two years at Crystal Lake South before I moved. The faculty never addressed my problems, they just shrugged it off and all the students were rude, they bullied me because of having autism and because I was openly bisexual. I hope a new principal comes in and teaches these kids about proper behavior and to respect people for who they are. I am truly disgusted by the way this school is run.

Posted July 12, 2010
My child just moved to this school after our fourth move, i was so worried that maybe this time she might just give up on trying to make friends, or having good grades, but the students there wanted to make her feel like she had come there with them from middle school, she has so many friends and is in many after school activities, and i high honor role student as well!

Posted October 04, 2009
I love how the school administration keeps the children and community involved in all aspect of learning and community. This is a great school. Crystal Lake South is a five star school

Posted June 10, 2009
I can honestly say that South is one of the best high schools in the area. My oldest just graduated and will be going to ISU. The staff and teachers express an honest care and concern for the students. I also have a son who completed his freshman year. I am sad to say that we are leaving the area. Due to the economy, we are not able to continue living in this area. However, if we are able to, we will be returning in order to continue the education of my sons at South.

Crystal Lake South High School 1

Posted June 04, 2009

Crystal Lake South High School 4

Posted May 25, 2009
South is a really good school, the teachers care about you, and you can't help but be friends with them. South really tries to prepare you for the future ahead of you. It's not fun unless you're in a sport or a club- but there is so much to do. We have a great football team! This school has so much to offer and great AP and Honors classes. P.S It's even better then Prairie Ride and Central! CLS is a great school!

Posted April 29, 2009

Crystal Lake South High School
1200 McHenry Avenue, Crystal Lake, IL  60014
Last modified Crystal Lake South High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crystal Lake South High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top