Crystal Lake, IL
Students enrolled: 1,646

Posted January 07, 2014
I am a former student of P.R.H.S. & I can say without a doubt that this is one of the best schools in the area. I graduated from P.R.H.S. in 2004 and went on to graduate from Illinois State University with a teaching degree. The academics, atmosphere, athletics, students here gave me some of the greatest experiences of my life and I will always be grateful for that.

Prairie Ridge High School 2

Posted December 30, 2012
Prairie ridge offers a large amount of classes and I urge you to take a look at them they do offer honor and ap classes but they are hard to come by unless you have been set up with honors classes your entire life. I am not happy, no one cares about the student who wants more challenging classes and they make it extremely hard and frustrating to get into those classes it is not a good school for getting into America's best rated colleges and gives students a very limited educational experience. Prairie ridge is a good school I'll give it that, but academically it does not excel in. If your student wants a higher education you will not find it here, but the football team is good.

Posted May 02, 2011
prarie ridge rocks my socks this is a school for fun and for learning it is a great inveroment for you soon kids to have this school if you go to it you wont regreat it!!!

Posted September 14, 2010
My two children graduated from Prairie Ridge. The school has an excellent curriculum for college bound students with many Honors and Advanced Placement classes. One of my children was able to accumulate 54 hours of college credit by taking advantage of the AP program and writing nine exams during his junior and senior years. The academic environment is very challenging at the Honors level and provides an excellent foundation for the rigor to be expected when a student moves on to the college level. This strong educational foundation allowed both children to earn technical (finance and engineering) degrees at top universities in four years or less Prairie Ridge has a fine staff, strong leadership, wide ranging extra curricular programs and top notch academics. It has everything the college bound student needs to be successful.

Posted October 12, 2009
Four of my children graduated from P.R.H.S. Presently, two have graduated from college. One is in medical school and the other is awaiting acceptance to the same school. The younger one is doing extremely well in the undergraduate program. Thank you P.R.H.S. for conveying a desire to learn and to academically excel. My on complaint is 'thanks for all these tuition bills'.

Posted October 01, 2008
I have a freshman at Prairie Ridge who just loves it. I have a daughter that graduated from Prairie Ridge who did very well in school and athletics. I have never heard any of my children complain about school. They both like it!!! I have been inside 'all' the Crystal Lake High Schools and Cary Grove and this is by far the best of all the schools. Students who's came to PR with honor rolls from other schools who did not do well at PR and who's parents blame the school for their kid's poor grades should look in the mirror and say maybe my kid is not as smart as I thought? Is PR that tough? PR is an excellent school and have the test scores to prove it!!!

Posted February 29, 2008
Not the greatest of schools. I had to have my student trasnfer out of this school because of the bullying going on.

Posted February 06, 2008
As a former student, I can honeslty say that Prairie Ridge was the best thing that ever happened to me. This may sound somewhat dramatic, but prior to PR I had a low C average, and had no plans on going to college. At PR I found a love for learning; soon my low Cs turned into low As, and am now at Loyola University in Chicago where I am well on my way to a degree in Secondary Education (inspired by my former educators at Prairie Ridge). The classes (particularly the AP programs) are challenging and well organized, and the (majority of) teacher are qualified, helpful, and friendly (albeit quite young).

Posted October 07, 2006
Anyone who is disappointed in any way in Prairie Ridge High School, needs to take a look at what they are saying in these reviews. The negative reviews about PR are very isolated situations. The test scores at Prairie Ridge are the highest in the area, and that is why real estate prices jump over 20% when you enter Prairie Ridge zoning. Academics is not an issue at PR. The students are definitely from a wealthier area of town, and that is something to be noted. But I have had no bad experiences with Prairie Ridge, and am yet to encounter anyone that has. Every school has its quirks, but PR is a great learning environment, and has the test scores to prove it.

Prairie Ridge High School 4

Posted July 01, 2006
I just graduated from Praire Ridge High School and I thought it was excellent academically. They offered classes many schools do not because of the level of difficulty and succeeded in them with no problem. Although PR thrives academically the guidance counselors do not and I have only seen the principal once in my entire high school career let alone heard him comment on anything.

6000 Dvorak Drive, Crystal Lake, IL  60012
Last modified Prairie Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Ridge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top