No rating

Immanuel Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 243 students

We are best known for New building.

Living in Crystal Lake

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $167,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,210.

Posted February 19, 2014

I love, love, love Immanuel including Little Ark Preschool which is part of Immanuel. My son went through preschool at Immanuel with Mrs. Tripoli and Mrs. Marrotz and now is in Kindergarten and we wouldn't want our kids anywhere else for their education. Our daughter is in preschool now and she has blossomed in Mrs. Tripoli's class at Little Ark - Immanuel. I believe she will continue to do so at Little Ark - Immanuel.

Posted December 20, 2013

My daughter went to several so called "Christian Schools" and we finally found Immanuel in Crystal Lake. It was the best experience, by a long shot. Every parent, teacher, preacher and administration official were friendly and approachable. You won't regret sending your child here, if you are looking for a good school, not filled with judgemental, self righteous, hypocrits, as I have found at other schools. Thank You, Rich Young

Posted November 20, 2013

My son transferred to Immanuel 2 years ago from Hussmann. It was the best decision we have ever made! This is a truly remarkable school.

Posted December 6, 2012

We love Immanuel. We transferred this year from another school, and were immediately received with warmth and acceptance. The school-parent communication is excellent, expectations are clearly communicated, and our kids are HAPPY here! Within a week of starting, they had made friends because of the inclusive culture here. Teachers go above and beyond in a million little (and big) ways. Work is challenging but well supported, and students are allowed to move up in math if testing indicates. Spanish is taught with a true cirriculum. After school program is so well done kids beg to stay after. Upwards sports for all ages are excellent. Can't say enough about this place!

Posted May 16, 2012

I am proud to have my son go to Immanuel . We joined a family when we enrolled our son at Immanuel . He gets a top notch education and the Christian foundation that he needs in this world. The staff and parents worked together to help your child achieve goals. I have been very impressed with the availablity of the staff to address parents questions.I

Posted May 7, 2012

I am proud to have my children at Immanuel. This school offers an excellent Christian Education along with wonderful educators. Immanuel provides a healthy hot lunch program, the EXTRAS (which most schools have taken away) like Art, Music, Recess, Gym and more. Class sizes are smaller and this allows the teacher to really get to know my children and how they learn. The technology is up to date. The Math program is amazing. All classes are taught Math at the same time so your child CAN learn at a higher level if they need it! The school is warm and welcoming. At pick up, the kids are always coming out with a smile. I love Immanuel!

Posted May 7, 2012

Immanuel Lutheran School is an exceptional school for our child. The reasons for us are the following: the quality education, the loving environment, the hot lunch program, the extended care program, the many other programs that are available i.e. band, language, Christian Youth Theater etc. My child is treated with respect and kindness and looks forward to going to school. We feel very fortunate to have this type of school available to us at a reasonable tuition cost. Definitely the best school in our area!

Posted May 7, 2012

My child attends Immanuel, she comes home everyday with a huge smile and can't wait to fill me in on her fantastic Christian based day!! Knowing that she is STILL getting art, gym and music while most other schools are not is such a blessing! Every teacher/support staff we have met is phenomenal!! I can't wait for my younger son to attend Immanuel also!

Posted May 7, 2012

This school has been a genuine treasure for my family. From challenging my children to excellent leadership, this school is an A+

Posted May 4, 2012

Immanuel is a great school for so many reasons. First is because Jesus is the foundation. I want my children surrounded by Christian teachers, parents, and classmates as they are forming the foundation of who they are, and who they will be. The teachers and staff are top notch! The school can offer so many things that public schools or even other private schools in the area just can't. An incredible hot lunch, gym, recess, great technology, high school size gym, and so much more! My children are into everything. And they can do it all under one roof. Highly competitive sports in both a conference and state association, art, band, CYT (theater), golf, chess, choirs, bells, chimes. And an after school program that has a minimal cost to serve the parents instead of charging them an arm and a leg! If you haven't checked out Immanuel lately, you should. Make up your own mind, compare the costs to other private schools. I did. And I can't believe how much more Immanuel has to offer - for a better price! There is no other school around that can compare. My kids are growing spiritually, being challenged academically, and making life long friendships!

Posted April 3, 2012

My oldest has been at this school for 3 years and my youngest for one. So far all the teachers have been exceptional. The librarian, music teacher and gym teacher are also great. There is a great family feel to this school - lots of opportunities for volunteering and much emphasis is placed on community involvement. I feel like my children are receiving an excellent education as well as learning to care for others.

Posted March 13, 2012

I think it's time to take a new look at this school. A brand new building with state of the art computer labs, science lab, gymnasium.... the list goes on and on. With public schools losing more and more funding, programs like art, PE, and foreign language are being dropped- Not at Immanuel! The school lunch program is probably the best in the state. All healthy choices. I am impressed with this school. My daughter will go to this school K-8.

Posted January 16, 2009

I'd love to give Immanuel 5 stars. But the fact is that the public schools are better choices academically, with greater selection, more resources, and more and newer equipment. This fact is no surprise, nor does it speak poorly of Immanuel. Three of my children graduated from Immanuel -- we chose the loving environment as more important than minor academic deficiencies we could make up for at home.

Posted October 2, 2008

My children attended ILS from kindergarten through 8th grade. This is a loving, Christian environment where children are taught respect for each other and themselves. They are taught that their self-worth comes from the fact that they are created by a loving God, and not, as the world would have them believe, by their outward appearance or material goods. The curriculum is rigorous, and the teachers are dedicated and highly qualified. This has been the best choice for our family, and this school and church community become your extended family. The class sizes are small, and individual attention is abundant. The teachers are accessible at all times, and the principal and administrative staff are always available. My children were abundantly and appropriately prepared for the transition to public high school.

Posted August 14, 2007

Superb academics, quality music program, interscholastic sports leagues, and focus on individual attention (small class sizes) make Immanuel ideal, but what is most important is that all programs are centered on Jesus Christ and the Gospel message of salvation. This focus gives the children the key to life, as well as a moral compass and foundation for adulthood.

Posted May 17, 2005

This is a school where your child will be lovingly taught self-discipline and respect for everyone. The teaching staff is highly dedicated to excellence in education as well as to the spiritual growth of the kids.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Arts & music

Music
  • Band
  • Choir / Chorus

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • David J Ingwersen
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (815) 459-1462

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Local public high schools
Faith Lutheran High School (Crystal Lake)

300 Pathway Court