Bad
Good

Amazon staff and administration. I have a child with special needs with many issues, including behavior, and the school has been nothing but supportive, patient and kind. Have I mentioned my child is also doing amazing academically?! Best school we have ever been to hands-down.

this is the best school i have ever gone to. the teachers are nice and the lunches are good, i have never been to a better school.

Lots to smile about at Glacier Ridge! Teachers, administrators and staff all go above and beyond to make school a wonderful, fun learning experience!

Glacier Ridge has surpassed all my expectations- it is a private school education with the attention and devotion of the staff--but has all the services of a great public school...

The teachers are absolutely fabulous!

Our school rocks,very social and family geared

Nice clean school. However, I do agree with the post about the playground - too many rules. Let the kids blow off some steam. Also, poor communication from teacher to parent. They waited until conferences to let me know a problem with my son which I feel they should have informed me of this problem much earlier on. You have to contact the teacher otherwise they don't contact you - they should work on communication.

I am very happy with the school.The reason i can understand is when my daughter was in schaumburg school she didnot get one to one attention and there were too many kids in one class.Teachers are wonderful and helpful . Overall i rate the school 5star plus

Overall, I have been very pleased with the school. The only negative I have seen is that I do feel the lunchroom and playground rules are a bit over the top and don't allow the kids to be kids. I think that should be the time when they're allowed to burn their excess energy, so they can settle down once back in the classroom. I would also agree with another parent regarding parental involvement. It seems like some mothers practically live at the school and never give the rest of us a chance to help out when we can.

My child has attended 1 year so far at G.R. and has improved dramatically in many areas. It was clear that his teacher had a true passion for teaching and that he was receiving one-on-one attention when needed. It is my sincere hope that with the change of leadership (principal), Glacier Ridge will continue to be an exceptional learning environment for my child...perhaps get even better! It was also clear that from the principal to the teachers to the PTA, the focus was the children above all else. That is how every school should be. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified Glacier Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.