Bad
Good

Eisenhower is a great school! I love when I ask my child how was your day at school and his replies are always ...Awesome....Great....I had a good day. The teachers are caring and easy to communicate with. I couldn't ask for a better Junior High.

Eisenhower Junior High... Some of the teachers will hold a special place in your heart. Others you will remember in a bad way... Our varsity volleyball team and bands are on the list of the best in the state, but academic-wise... Not amazing.

I love Eisenhower! The teachers are tough enough that you learn but you don't melt under pressure. Contrary to one of the reviews the band is amazing with the current band teacher directing it. The band is like a family. We got two superiors and excellent ratings this past trip in Toranto! Academics wise, I think Eisenhower is doing an outstanding job. The school provides for the disabilities, whether it is academic or physical. We work hard and the student council is doing very well also. Go Leadership Team! I'll miss Eisenhower and will visit when I can.

My daughter is currently enrolled in this school, graduating soon. The teachers are very hard to get in contact with, they never check their e-mails! The band program WAS good, when Mr. Larson was teaching there was plenty of discipline and the kids just do not follow through anymore. The principal does not do a good job of disciplining the students either. The school was quite a disappointment and I am very glad I have no younger children that will be going there anymore.

As a current student here, I have to say that this is a pretty good school. It has amazing teachers that really do care and are a lot of fun while teaching. I am a very academic oriented student so I was part of the Gifted Cluster. The teachers did teach me a lot and I have exceptionally well on the ISAT's. The school also has a great band program and lots of after school activities. The environment is friendly, even though there are some students that are bullies as in every other school. I have had a great experience so far!

I think that Eisenhower is awesome. We get to have so many choices for extra-curricular activities. Also, the band is amazing! We are probably one of the best in the country.

I love the band program at EJH. The principal currently is nice too. It really is a great school. I think the best part of the school is the kids really. They are really nice and I think EJH is one of the best schools around!

First, I want to say that EJH most certainly accommodates students with disabilities contrary to a certain response here. I personally watched administrators bend over backwards for two siblings of a friend of mine. (One child had Down's, the other CP) Keep in mind that the parents of disabled children tend to demand far too much from their public schools (IE new, specialized medical equipment, additional things not required by law) Second, EJH was one of my favorite schools growing up. I know Mr Larson is gone now but the band program he created really gave me the discipline to succeed in life. EJH has incredible, caring teachers. Darien Public Schools are simply some of the best in the area. Anyone fortunate enough to attend these schools will realize as they get older how lucky they were.

Last modified Eisenhower Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.