Benjamin Franklin Elementary School 1

Posted February 15, 2008

Posted October 06, 2007
This school is the best school. Great teachers wonderful children. Mrs.Greenwell is my childs student and she is awesome.

Posted October 06, 2007
Ben Franklin is by far the best school in District 61 . Great teachers, respectful students. They keep the kids in line with the rules. Teachers are great with one on one with the students. Some of the staff and teachers have been there so long its like a family school. And You feel like family too. We love Ben Franklin School.

Posted November 05, 2004
I have 2 children presently in Ben Franklin. Both of my older 2 also attended this school but have moved on to Jr. High and High School. I myself, attended Ben Franklin and was extremely excited when I seen more than half of my teachers still teaching kids today. I do beleive that we have severe problems with the ratio of students to teacher and something needs to be done about this. It seems as though it gets worse each year. However, this is not the fault of the school, only the school district. The teachers at this school are wonderful. I would have never put my children into Decatur Public Schools unless they were able to attend only Franklin. This school tries its hardest to be a family oriented school. I am extremely proud to say that my children received the start of their education at Franklin.

Benjamin Franklin Elementary School 0

Posted August 27, 2003
I have two sons in B. Franklin Elementary in Decatur, & it has been the only school both of them have been in so far. My oldest is in 5th grade my youngest is in 2nd. I do like the school and the teachers, it has been really great up to now, but this year I do have one problem. Both of my boys have been put into split classes, by that I mean they are in 4/5 th grade & 2/3 grades. They don't have their own class and I think it is not only harder for the teachers but it has to be hard on the students as well. My 5th grader was sad the first day, he thought he was held back because he ended up with the same teacher he had in the 4th grade. It isn't fair for anyone. The classes are too big too! Where are the funds for the teachers? They said it will only be temporary but even 3 weeks is too long for my liking.

Benjamin Franklin Elementary School
2440 North Summit Avenue, Decatur, IL  62526
Last modified Benjamin Franklin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Franklin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top