Decatur, IL

Posted May 23, 2014
The staff and administration at this school truly care about kids. It is has a family atmosphere and a close knit staff. I've had my kids there for 5 years and always leave with a great feeling! Involved parents as well.

Posted September 04, 2013
Excellent School. Caring and Passionate teachers and staff. Great Diversity. I can't imagine having gone to any other school and having the values and skills I have today that are being used in College and the real world.

Johns Hill Magnet School

Posted December 03, 2009
This is an outstanding school where all 3 of my children have had the opportunity to thrive. This school allows the children to not only acquire an outstanding education, but allows them to participate in sports, theatre, and unique music education in both instrumental and choral areas of study. I am thrilled with the experience my children have had and the teachers who have positively influenced my children's lives.

Posted June 08, 2008
This was an AMAZING school to go to. There's no school in the district that can compare in any way, in terms of test scores, great teachers, impressive parent involvement, and a show choir that beats every school in the area. Sending myself and my siblings to Johns Hill was by far the best decision my parents made. I've never met a Johns Hill alum who hasn't done well in life or regrets going to Johns Hill.

Posted January 07, 2008
It's not until graduate that you realize how much of a positive effect schools like these have on you.

Posted October 30, 2007
my child love jonhs hill magnet school

Posted January 31, 2007
Johns Hill is an outstanding elementary school in the Decatur Public Schools. Students are given exceptional opportunities to learn academics. Spanish and Show Choir are the cream on top. It's not who attends Johns Hill, it is how the teachers teach! Every student can go as far as he or she wants.

Johns Hill Magnet School 4

Posted December 27, 2005
an excellent public magnet school program with emphasis on academics as well as musical performance arts. I have had 2 children enrolled from kindergarten thru eighth, and one currently in seventh. Any other school offering the type of instruction that our children receive would have to be paid for.

Posted September 23, 2004
All three of my children attended and graduated from Johns Hill Magnet school. I highly recommend the school to anyone who is moving into the district. It taught my children self direction, problem solving as well as help make them into leaders in their further education. The music programs in the school are the best in the district and I would put up the vocal music teacher against anyone in the area for excellance. She has helped promote the student's confidence in handling themselves in public situations as well as in their day to day activities. The school is the best kept secret in the Decatur Public School System.

Johns Hill Magnet School 4

Posted January 22, 2004
There are some amazing teachers at Johns Hill! They are very dedicated to bringing out the best in the children! The children are challenged at the level they are performing at. For example, my son is performing above grade level and the teachers make groups for those that need the extra attention so they don't lose interest! There is a lot of parent involvement!

Johns Hill Magnet School
1025 East Johns Avenue, Decatur, IL  62521
Last modified Johns Hill Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Johns Hill Magnet School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top