PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 2

Posted April 26, 2016
This school hired a new principal in the 2014-2015 school year after former principal Mrs. Hagenbach retired. My childs experience at this school has been miserable since then. The structure that existed at this school before is now gone. There have been multiple faculty changes, especially in the Junior High. This school is a shell of what it once was.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 26, 2016
Mrs. King (Junior High Religion teacher) She is a wonderful person and truly does care about the students and sees the good and potential in every student. I wish all of the faculty members could be more like her

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted April 26, 2016
There are some teachers that care, but there are a few that just expect the students to automatically know everything

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted April 26, 2016
The students are expected to respect the faculty but there is an issue with the faculty respecting the students

Posted July 31, 2014
OLOL is an amazing school. You could not have more caring teachers. If you are looking for an excellent alternative to the public schools, look no further.

Posted February 24, 2010
It is a wonderful school that is continually looking to improve itself. This past year they built a new library and I understand that they are going to be purchasing smart boards for nearly all of the classrooms. It seems that they are looking to provide the best possible learning environment for the students.

Posted October 02, 2009
I have three kids in OLOL and I couldn't be happier with the school. As with all kids, mine have different abilities and skill sets. The teachers at OLOL take the time to understand what each of my kids need to excel at learning.

Posted July 03, 2008
Lourdes is a wonderful school with a wonderful school community. The teachers are there because they really care about the kids. Our entire family feels apart and that gives you a sense of safety and security you don't get at a public school. My children are not only getting the academics but they are building a foundation to be a good and moral person. Something you can't teach at a public school because it might 'offend' someone...I know because I taught in one! As for going to mass....it is a Catholic school and I think they learn wonderful things bing a part of mass...each grade is a part of mass and right there they are learning about public speaking as little as 1st grade. I can't say enough a bout the good feelings I have for OLOL and we 'choose' to send our kids there over MF.

Posted October 06, 2003
This is a great school which strives to teach good moral values as well as academics.

Posted August 25, 2003
Our Lady of Lourdes is a fantastic school. I think the students get a better education than in public schools. And it is a VERY safe school. But, I do think they make the students go to mass too often. For example, the junior high students (6-8) have to go to mass TWICE a week! By the time they get to be adults, they won't want to go anymore! But, other than that Our Lady of Lourdes is a great school.

3950 Lourdes Drive, Decatur, IL  62526
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8