Bad
Good

Posted February 25, 2014
My kids are still at this school. I could not be happier. The teachers involvement in my kids education is outstanding. Any help i asked for them they are always willing to accommodate. I never heard we cant do this. It is always let us find a way to help.Super job. I do agree that parents need to get involved more. This school is outstanding.!!!!

Cumberland Elementary School 4

Posted January 19, 2014
My son just started 1st grade in Cumberland elementary school. I like his teacher and I am satisfy with the school. I wish they had preschool program at this school because my younger son is in preschool and its inconvenient for me to drop them off to two different schools in the morning.

Posted July 25, 2013
Very good school in this area.My son has been studing for 2 years.PERFECT SCHOOL FOR MY KIDS

Posted September 09, 2011
I am a previous student who went here 2 years ago with a great experience starting in 1st -5th grade. They make sure all the kids show respect for the teachers and the test scores prove that cumberland is an excellent school. It is right next to Chippewa Middle School, so it's very convenient if you have 2 children. I recommend going to this school.

Posted April 26, 2010
My two children received an excellent start at Cumberland. It is still one of the best schools in an excelent school district, Des Plaines Elementary School District 62.

Posted October 05, 2009

Posted September 03, 2004
This is our second year at Cumberland and we love it. The principal cares so much that she met me outside to welcome me when I picked up my daughter from the after care program at 5:30pm. There are gynastic apparatus in the gym, a wonderful library and a dedicated staff and caring teachers. I feel as though every single teacher cares about each student. I'm happy we moved into this district.

Posted August 13, 2004
Cumberland school is a great school. Its a school that gives the kids a sense of being in a home away from home. Their eager little minds are satisfied by the teachers and staff and its a school where the parents cooperate with the staff in any way possible so that its easy for the kids to feel comfortable as they learn. Cumberland school is a school where all the kids feel safe and are eager to learn because the teachers and staff make it fun and exciting. My kids used to go to a private school but when we thought it was the right time to leave the school, Cumberland made switching from private to public easy and it made us feel that we made the right decision.

700 East Golf Rd, Des Plaines, IL  60016
Last modified Cumberland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.