Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son has been here for 2 years now, kindergarten & 1st grade. I did not like the school from the start of kindergarten. On the first day of school, the kindergarteners were just thrown to the wolves on arrival at school. He had no idea where to go, what to do, anything when entering the school for the first time. I have never been a fan of the student drop off/pick up routine. The school claims that the children safety is number one, but I do not feel that way. I highly recommend that the school hire someone to direct traffic for drop off and pick up. They have no control, having parents follow the rules for the safety of the children. My father is a retired police officer, and directs the traffic for parents drop off/pick up, at a school in Northbrook. He keeps the parents in line, and the children safe. That school knows what it takes to keep things running smoothly & safely. Having teachers standing out there does nothing. This year, 2016/17, my son broke his ankle at recess, due to a child jumping off of play equipment, and landed on top of my son. He face planted into the wood chips, scratched up a majority of his face, especially near his eyes, from the wood chips. The school down played the whole ordeal. They neglected to inform me that his face was all gashed up. And made it seem as if his ankle injury, which he twisted in a funny way as he went down, may not have been as big of a deal as it really was. I came to his aid within 5 minutes of the call, rushed to the emergency room, and learned it was broken. The school did not want to take any accountability for what had happened. They did not show any compassion or sympathy toward my child, or myself. In addition, my child was out of school for 7 school days, and I didn't receive any follow calls from the teacher, or the school itself. They clearly don't give a hoot about their students, especially when their student get hurt at their school during school hours. I asked the school if they had any liability Insurance, and they tried to tell me they did not. Every establishment that has children in their care DOES have insurance. I requested for a copy of the accident report, they supposedly took, and denied it to me. I think that is asinine, and very irresponsible of the school. I do not recommend the school , and I am trying to get my son transferred to another for next year. I am VERY disappointed, and regret ever putting my child in North.

I think this is amazing school. The staff is so nice and caring. The teachers go above and beyond to make sure the kids needs are met. The equipment is up to date. I'm so happy my son goes here!

Attending this school as a child was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I've created memories and friendships that will last a lifetime. No teachers compare to the teachers from North. Wish I could be young again and just start over. I highly suggest this school to every family.

Teachers are very determined and very helpful . My son is graduating this year and i will never , ever forget how much you all were there for all 3 of my kids ...I will miss it ...

We love this school. Our son is in second grade and he is very happy. The teachers and all the staff are doing a very good job

Last modified North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.