Des Plaines, IL

Apollo Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2014
I have had my 5 children in school district almost their whole childhood. Grant it there have been a few teachers in the past that did not adapt to the times and seemed to have been waiting for tenure. However my children have overall had such a positive and successful experience with a multitude of caring teachers who truly love teaching. The principal leadership was uncertain in the last few years but that is starting to come around with some permanence and vision. While it is disappointing that there are no after school sports nor funding for extracurricular activities due to local tax payers choosing to scale back on local fine arts support in schools, the teachers, parents and PTA do their best to keep the students engaged in school. They come up with as many viable ideas and events as possible to involve children and parents alike. I have seen many teachers and parents volunteer at these events outside of the school day. Being a 50+hr working parent makes it difficult for me to volunteer. So when I see parents and teachers that are able, I am so grateful because my children benefit from the gift of their time and talents. I strongly continue to support Dist 63 & 207!

Posted April 08, 2014
My child has attended this school since pre-school and every year I grow more and more disappointed. The staff is just collecting tenure. They don't invest any time in the students and always claim they have too many students to do this, that, and the other. The principal's change constantly have no respect for concerned parents, are rude, and in my opinion are lazy. As a single mom I do all I can for my child's education. I even volunteer at various events and stay in touch with both principal and staff in regards to the growth and devlopment of my child. It's shame the same respect isn't reciprocated. They have no patience and no passion for these kids at Apollo. I can't afford to move and unfortunatley have no other options within the district.

Apollo Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2014
This is school is disappointment . I graduated at this dristrict and love this area that's why we moved back here thinking our kids will do better but I did not see any improvement . The principal and assistant principal are useless and did not care about anybody. Nobody called if bus are broken and left the kids waiting in a 12below weather. Some of the teachers are very good but other than that this school got nothing to offer to students..no sports, no activity.

Apollo Elementary School 1

Posted August 05, 2013
This school is a joke! The Staff is rude and clueless. They have no after school activities nor do they have any sports. They keep switching principals every year! The staff is always loosing paper work and then blaming the kid. I do not recommend this school nor the school district its in.

Apollo Elementary School 4

Posted October 18, 2012
This is the best school for a kid to grow up in. It experences creativity and well education. The school help kids with disabilities and educates kids that just got to Americia. Right now Apollo School District 63 is awsome. And it's the biggest school in District 63! I recommend you go here. Parents transfer their kids from Nelson to Apollo to Mark Twain to Apollo. It's such a great time growing up here for the past 6 years of my life as an experience. Plus teachers work out in fitness, bulling and most importantly good education. The teachers and principals are well good. And indeed most are kind and put fun into education. Kids make so much fun and great kind friends!

Apollo Elementary School 3

Posted July 24, 2009

Posted May 21, 2009
Teachers are very rude. Many kids struggle with what they've been taught and never have been given any extra help. No fun activities. School contains many bad children, many students feel left out.

Apollo Elementary School 5

Posted December 14, 2008

Apollo Elementary School 0

Posted January 23, 2008
Staff goes way above and beyond to help kids!

Posted December 12, 2007
Teachers are rude, students are ay behind on their learning. My daughter transfered and we discovered that this school is disappointing on so many levels. We wish we never moved to this district.

Apollo Elementary School
10100 Dee Road, Des Plaines, IL  60016
Last modified Apollo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Apollo Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top