Posted January 16, 2012
This small elementary school has a solid curriculum that makes it ahead of its peers. Its dedicated and innovative principal leads a staff of trained and certified teachers who continue professional development and work closely together daily to pass along insights from grade to grade. Not only are its academics strong and proven, but the students have huge school spirit that is unmatched by any other school in the neighborhood. My First Grader and Third Grader are on track to succeed and excel in life because of their daily education.

Posted January 16, 2012
Our Lady of Destiny is a school that has teachers and parents equally committed to the ecucation and growth of the children. My children (Pre K and 1st grade) are continuously challenged and ENJOY going to school each and every day. As a working parent, I love the after school activities as well as before and after school care. Teachers & parents want the children to be successes in their lives! We LOVE OLD!!!

Posted January 16, 2012
Fabulous intimate school that offers a wonderful education. Along with a superior education which truly pushes the children to work hard and learn, my children are taught excellent manners, respect and religion. Our principal is a great leader and looks out for each and every student's best interest.

Our Lady Of Destiny School 0

Posted September 03, 2009
We have sons in 1st grade and pre-school, and I sing the praises of OLD's academics, faculty (Mrs Deshon is in her 40th year exciting 6 year olds - and their parents!), and leadership development - even to 8th graders in orange belts opening car doors as students are dropped off! 40 stars easily.

Our Lady Of Destiny School 3

Posted January 29, 2007

Posted January 02, 2007
I have three children that attend Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines, IL. I feel that they have been exposed to a higher level of education than those children in the same grades in some of the public schools in the area. My children are exposed to not only the three R s but to music, religion, computers and Spanish. Another benefit to Our Lady of Destiny School is that the parents care. There is an established sports board (volunteer) that runs the following sports curriculum: basketball, volleyball, track and bowling leagues. The parents also comprise of the School Board, which assists in matters concerning the school. As parents, getting the best educating for our children is a top priority. I believe sending my children to Our Lady of Destiny satisfies that goal.

Posted December 06, 2006
I still remember the first day I dropped my son off at school. As I was leaving, a prayer was being said over the loud speaker followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. Every single parent in the hallway stopped and was silent for the prayer and then put their hand over their heart as the Pledge of Allegiance was being said. It was a great show of respect and made me feel good that we were sending my son there. I was worried about the cost but in reality, it is less than a car payment per month and is worth the sacrifice.

Posted November 28, 2006
I have found this school to be extremely beneficial to both of my children. They have learned how to respect others and how to thrive academically through the excellent teachings of the staff, clergy and principal. The curriculum is extensive and covers above average criteria for each grade. In addition, the annual terra nova test scores are consistently higher than those students tested in the public school system. My children are receiving an education in moral values and spiritual guidance that cannot be found in any other environment. The school offers excellent communication between parents, teachers and the principal as well. This is such a huge bonus knowing consistently how your child is doing and where they need help. My kids also enjoy the music art and computer classes at O.L.D. as well as the sports program. I honestly have nothing negative to say and I'm so glad my kids attend!

Posted November 27, 2006
My husband and I have three children, grades K, 1 and 3 at O.L.D. We have been involved in the school since 3 year old pre-school. We came to the school for its academic excellence and were thrilled to find so much more. O.L.D. is a caring community of families that are interested in each child's development morally, academically, and physically. I am a proud parent that has invested my life and my children's lives in this school. I would encourage any parent looking for a quality school in which to place their child, to strongly consider Our Lady of Destiny!

Posted November 27, 2006
Before moving to Des Plaines six years ago, my wife and I interviewed and toured many of the private and public schools in our area. We were looking for a school that was best for how we wanted our children educated. Our Lady of Destiny School showed how they could provide a exceptional quality education with a curriculum which included the spiritual, intellectual, physical and social growth for our children. Our Lady of Destiny explained how they view the home and school as co-educators providing a safe and caring environment helpful to learning. We knew immediatley Our Lady of Destiny was right for us and our children.

Our Lady Of Destiny School
1880 Ash Street, Des Plaines, IL  60018
Last modified Our Lady Of Destiny School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Destiny School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top