No rating

Brentwood Baptist Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 86 students

Living in Des Plaines

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $122,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,000.

Posted January 3, 2011

I really enjoyed my educational experience at BBCA. The small size setting helped me stay focus in school and pursue a higher education. I now have my masters degree and I thank BBCA for helping me realize that education is the key to success.

Posted April 12, 2010

i went to this school from 4 years old up to 17. many of my friends came from public high school because they wanted a better opportunity to be educated and have a good school environment. after all those years at the school, many of us have seen how much our time there and our teachers have kept us bonded. it doesn't matter where you are or where you go. when you're part of this school you are part of a family. plain and simple.

Posted April 12, 2010

I am actually a former student of BBCA. I was homeschooled when I was very young, but began attending Brentwood in second grade. I just graduated from high school there in May of 2009. I would enthusiastically recommend the school to anyone interested in giving their children a quality Christian education like the one I received. The teachers at Brentwood really do care about the students. The school has a big international program, which adds to cultural awareness. Also, the school's music program is growing greatly. Brentwood is a small school, but that was better for me. I am a freshman in college this year at Maranatha Baptist Bible College in Watertown, WI. The small class size I grew up with made me comfortable expressing my opinions and amswering questions in class. That ability to communicate in forums and discussions serves me well in college. Consider BBCA. It has programs for children who are six weeks old (in the Wee Care for busy parents) all the way up to high school graduation!

Posted November 12, 2009

This used to be a good school, however the staff has changed greatly. Teachers are not setting a great example-and the school has become academically weak. For instance, the youth pastor just plays games and has no responsibility. It is not worth the money-consider the alternatives.

Posted September 11, 2007

I work full time and for me I wanted a school where my children will be loved by their teachers, be challenged academically and be surrounded in a family environment. This is that kind of school. The faculty in this school is great. I have a great communication with the teachers. My son started BBCA when he was 2 years old in the day care section of the school and my daughter was in K-4. My son is now in K-4 and my daughter is in 1st grade. Some teachers also teach during the Summer and this helps the elementary age students associate with them before the school year starts again. Both my children love going here. They can't image going anywhere else.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 17% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• James R Hines
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

588 Dara James Street