PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Brentwood Baptist Christian Academy 4

Posted October 14, 2015
My son just started this year in the Preschool Program for 4 year olds. At Brentwood Preschool program is part of the Kindergarten program so his class is called K-4. We have been pleasantly surprised at how my son is learning and his behavior has improved. He learns so much not only about religious instruction but about all the subjects. The staff go above and beyond for the kids. We are of another religious affiliation and have been very happy here so far. This school is a jem and you should check it out for yourself. They even have a great program for Infant and Toddlers all the way up to grade 12.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 14, 2015
I feel they really try hard for the kids. They talk to them if there is a problem and discuss what should be done.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 14, 2015
For a preschooler it is the perfect balance for him to color a sheet or whatever is needed.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted October 14, 2015
Since my son is in their preschool program I am really unsure about grit at this point. Too soon to tell in my case.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted October 14, 2015
The teachers and staff are respectful to the children and thus the kids react in a respectful manner.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 14, 2015
They are religious affiliated so the compassion is built into the curriculum, as with compassion comes empathy.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 14, 2015
They are of a specific religious affiliation but open enrollment to all religious affiliations. They teach morals, fairness and kindness. I have never heard a teacher or staff member raise their voice to the children, they talk to the kids and help them understand that that behavior was improper (in the case of my child). It has been helping him immensely.

Posted January 03, 2011
I really enjoyed my educational experience at BBCA. The small size setting helped me stay focus in school and pursue a higher education. I now have my masters degree and I thank BBCA for helping me realize that education is the key to success.

Posted April 12, 2010
i went to this school from 4 years old up to 17. many of my friends came from public high school because they wanted a better opportunity to be educated and have a good school environment. after all those years at the school, many of us have seen how much our time there and our teachers have kept us bonded. it doesn't matter where you are or where you go. when you're part of this school you are part of a family. plain and simple.

Posted April 12, 2010
I am actually a former student of BBCA. I was homeschooled when I was very young, but began attending Brentwood in second grade. I just graduated from high school there in May of 2009. I would enthusiastically recommend the school to anyone interested in giving their children a quality Christian education like the one I received. The teachers at Brentwood really do care about the students. The school has a big international program, which adds to cultural awareness. Also, the school's music program is growing greatly. Brentwood is a small school, but that was better for me. I am a freshman in college this year at Maranatha Baptist Bible College in Watertown, WI. The small class size I grew up with made me comfortable expressing my opinions and amswering questions in class. That ability to communicate in forums and discussions serves me well in college. Consider BBCA. It has programs for children who are six weeks old (in the Wee Care for busy parents) all the way up to high school graduation!

588 Dara James Street, Des Plaines, IL  60016
Last modified Brentwood Baptist Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12