Bad
Good

Diekman is a mini cook county jail I filed a battery charge on 2 kindergartners that beat my daughter at recess one holding as the other punched her in the face the Principal A .D. did not suspend the children did not expel them, I also found out a 5th grade teacher beat up a child at the school. the children do lewd acts in the bathroom and they say they have more staff watching the children after i complained about 3 lunchroom attendants monitoring the children when there should be teachers. "Hide ya wife Hide ya kids".

I am very glad that my child is done with this school, they have A few good teachers who really cares about the kids. Most of them there are in for the money only they can care less about the kids especially the 4th grade teacher Mrs M I am going to call her and the fifth grade teacher Mrs D I am going to call her and lets not forget the 1st grade teacher Mrs W and they all no who they are. I feel that my child was let down my this schooll and now I am force to find A good school because the district 149 dosen't have any thing to offer but dirksen middle school where you hear all kinds of horor story.

My daughter & I were unhappy with the Pre-K my granddgirl was in 09-2010. I dropped & picked her up most days. Class starts at 12:30 & ends 2;50. Most days doors were locked at 12:30 til a teacher would come 5-10 mins late to open. Even the school bus was left waiting. Dismissal was later than stated .These little 3 & 4yrs olds came out with untied shoes, falling pants, unzipped coats , no hats, no gloves & runny noses in the cold winter..The teachers seemed okay with this.They sent home a monthly homework calendar. The finished work was placed in the child's folder. It was weeks before it was removed. Didn't see Admin staff outside or involved with children, as at other schools.

Last modified Diekman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.