Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted June 28, 2016
There are some really good, passionate teachers there are care about the students & will go the extra mile to make sure that all kids have what they need to succeed.

Posted September 11, 2012
It all stems from the top. This school's principal is approachable, caring and relates to the kids like no other. The teachers follow suit. My son loves his teachers. They make learning fun while instilling responsibility and good study habits. They encourage kids to be their best with positive reinforcement. The sports, music, intramural sports etc. are all an added bonus. What I love most about this school is that my son feels comfortable being on a sports team & trying out for the school play. His confidence has soared, because he knows that teachers won't put up with anything but positive behavior. Thank you Herrick!

Posted September 16, 2009
Caring teachers, solid curriculum, and fun activities is what Herrick is all about.

Posted August 10, 2008
yeah wow this review below with 1 star is a lie. Never did they have rodent problems. And wiping our tables down is to make us learn responsibilities. I love herrick and all the teachers!

Herrick Middle School 1

Posted February 26, 2008
I am a student at Herrick middle school. This school is not challenging at all and of the 8 schools I have attended this is by far the worst. A majority of the teachers are not intrested in the education of the students. The school should be contacted by the Departments of Health, due to roach, spider and rodent sightings in the school. Students are expected to wipe down tables with dirty water after eating on them. I am not happy with this school at all and would not recommend it to anyone!

Posted October 10, 2007
I love Herrick, it's lots of fun and the teachers are great! I really like my classes and I really feel like I'm being challenged while still having fun and enjoying them.

Posted October 10, 2007
The school is above averge in my opinion and i feel that herrick is very good as far as curriculem, no bullying, extracurriculer activities, principal leadership, diciplene, safty and other qualities about the school. I am very satisfyed with the school and I am very gald to have my child be going there.

Posted October 09, 2007
Herrick is a great school. It has great activities for us kids to do. I have a lot of fun.

Herrick Middle School 3

Posted August 20, 2007
This seems to be an average school. They don't do anything about bullying in this school. The music programs are all very good. The Art Teacher takes a great interest in students and makes sure that her runs the only 'no cut' sport in the school.

Posted March 30, 2005
I went to Herrick from 2002-2004. I had a great two school years there. The teachers didn't mind me that much and I did okay in my classes.

4335 Middaugh Ave, Downers Grove, IL  60515
Last modified Herrick Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.