Posted March 03, 2014
We moved our kids to St. Mary's after years in the Downers Grove public school system. We wish we'd have done it sooner. We chose St. Mary s because it had the best student to teacher ratio of any school in the area. Students are put into groups where they are challenged based on their abilities not a one size fits all approach. Also, the technology employed by the school is better than other schools we looked at and significantly better than d58. Moving 2 girls from one school to another was a scary proposition for us as parents and the kids, but we were welcomed with open arms by everyone. After 6 mos, we feel like we've been here for years. The curriculum is much more challenging than the public schools, but that s exactly what we were looking for! My girls are learning critical thinking & encouraged to be independent thinkers. Teachers are exceedingly committed to the success & overall well being of each student. All of this is done in a Christ centered environment where kids are held to high moral & ethical standards and truly respect one another & their teachers. St. Mary of Gostyn develops student's intellectual competencies and they develop strong character too!

Posted October 29, 2013
In sending my kids to St. Mary's, I have benefited as much as they have! They are receiving an excellent education, evidenced by the principal's desire to continuously be "on top of" what other schools are doing and applying/enhancing to our own. Additionally, so many lessons are taught while using faith based principles, and using Jesus as an example. It may sound corny, but it is heartwarming to hear my kids talk about Jesus and how he is such a good model of love. It also puts a smile on my face, when rushing to sit down and eat dinner, my 1st grader stops me and says, "we need to say Grace." I thank St. Mary's for reminding me how important faith is to me, and my kids. I did not know many others when I moved here, and have since built amazing friendships with so many people. It has such a strong sense of community that has grown stronger in the 8 years I have been a part of SMG!

Posted October 28, 2013
St. Mary of Gostyn is an outstanding school. We moved here in 2012 from out of state not knowing anything about SMG. The welcome we received upon the tour, along with the genuine follow up from Mary and Diane, made the decision to send our 3 children to the school (soon 4 children). The families welcomed us with open arms and the community support was felt. The leadership at SMG is strong, as is the parent involvement, all working towards making SMG #1 (the preschool is ranked as such). The education is top notch, and I know all my children will be challenged according to their level (math and reading specialist on hand to help ensure your child is at their highest potential). Our family is thrilled to be part of the St. Mary of Gostyn family, and we know our children will receive the best education contributing to their continued success.

Posted October 28, 2013
St. Mary of Gostyn (SMG) provides an excellent education with Catholic teachings and values. SMG teachers care about their students and encourage open communication with parents. Our school is committed to academic excellence and has resources in place to help children at different academic levels succeed. SMG encourages the use of technology appropriately. Our school has resources to teach technology and encourage our children to embrace the technological world we live in. It's a place you feel good and safe to send your children. SMG is a community and a family committed to helping our children grow socially and academically in Faith. The work, care and effort put into making it great is apparent. We live in a community with great Public Schools, yet the decision to send my children to SMG is an easy one. I know SMG is committed to our children and will reinforce the values we teach at home.

Posted August 31, 2011
A fantastic institution for learning. My kids started out at a DG public school and decided to transfer to SMG. Best idea ever. The school is filled with dedicated teachers, technology and fantastic sports and extracurricular programs

Posted August 13, 2011
Great education in a caring community. Preschool teachers are loving and supportive. Full day kindergarten is welcome to us full time working parents! New fourth grade and fifth grade teachers are moving my kids ahead with a teacher specific subject teaching. Can't wait to get into 8th grade with the new technology program.

Posted July 28, 2011
We have one child enrolled currently at St. Mary of Gostyn, and one who has recently graduated. Our children did not begin their schooling at SMG but were "transplants" from a neighboring school. We are affirmed on a daily basis that we made the right choice when we enrolled our children at SMG. The quality of people in and affiliated with the school is superb. The teachers are terrific and, above all, accessible. The education my children have received is first-rate. The environment is extremely welcoming. The principal is a strong leader and involved. We are blessed to be part of this community.

Posted July 22, 2011
We are so happy with the education our two children are receiving at St. Mary of Gostyn. My husband and I are both transplants to this area and when it was time to consider a K-8 school for our oldest child we did a lot of research comparing and interviewing many schools in the area. SMG was by far the best choice for our family. Not only is it a welcoming environment for our children but we believe it is very strong academically. In addition to the academics, the staff at St. Mary of Gostyn does an excellent job of reinforcing the christian values that are so important to us. We have been extremely happy with the education our children receive here and are proud to say that our children attend such a wonderful school.

Posted July 16, 2011
I have 2 children at SMG and could not be more pleased with the Christian environment as well as the solid education my children are receiving. You notice the positive environment as soon as you enter the school and are greeted by either one of the school secretaries. I was very surprised and pleased to learn that SMG has a Reading Specialist on staff. If a child has an issue with reading, they meet with the Reading Specialist as long as necessary until their skills improve. Another thing I love about SMG are the extra-curricular activities that begin in 4th grade. Students can join the Environmental Club, Student Council, & Fine Arts Band. In 5th Grade, students can participate in the Interscholastic Sports Leaguesof Vollyball or Cross Coubtry in the Fall and Basketball in the Spring. There is also the Geography Club, Math Club, Choir and Spring Play. One final note, the parents of the student ast SMG are the best. There are so many volunteeres that gladly make the school an overwhelming success.

Posted July 11, 2011
We highly recommend St. Mary of Gostyn as and excellent academic and faith enriching school for your children. We have three children enrolled in this school, and we are thrilled that we made this choice for our children despite the sound public schools in the area. We cannot say enough about the community of parents and teachers which foster respect and communication with each other and our children. Our children are thriving both inside and outside the classroom. St. Mary of Gostyn is a special place.

St Mary Of Gostyn Catholic School
440 Prairie Avenue, Downers Grove, IL  60515
Last modified St Mary Of Gostyn Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mary Of Gostyn Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top