PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Downers Grove Christian School has been a blessing to our family in so many ways. The children are loved and the quality of education more than prepares them for high school and college. The staff invests in so much more than academics, the spiritual aspect goes above and beyond the classroom. No school is perfect , come check it out for yourself. We are excited to see how the Lord will continue to use the ministry of DGCS.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

180 degree difference from where the public and most private schools are at. At least at DGCS you know that you are getting exactly what they promise to provide and SOLID, DISTINCTIVELY, EXCELLENT, CHRISTIAN EDUCATION.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is no concrete evidence that proves that hours of homework produces better students. What has been proven is that students that have solid families that spend their time together at the dinner table, at play, in prayer, and get good rest at night improves student performance.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Every aspects of the school and student life is approached from a Biblical perspective and so structure and high standards are set and expected.

My son came to DGCS from a school that claimed to be "Christian" yet was a destructive and hostile environment. Academically, his former school claimed to be challenging and off the charts, however my son had a lot of catching up to do just to be at grade level concerning numerous math concepts and writing. Also, he is no longer bored, feels as though he belongs and is really truly loved by his teachers. We found a home for sure!

This place is junk. I am so happy that my child is attending a different school this year because he/she learned absolutely nothing at DGCS. Teachers just want to be pals with the kids and the days are full of wasted time. Please take the time to really review their curriculum so you can make an informed decision. The parents are very cliquey and the children are as well. This place should really close down.

We send our two children to Downers Grove Christian School. Both have attended since Preschool and have loved going every day. They feel safe. They feel loved. They are getting a great education in small classrooms. My daughter's class has 16 children and my son's class has 10 students. You can really see how the teachers show love and teach love. One of our children has a disability and not one single time has it been an issue. She has felt accepted and loved at each step.

I am a parent of 4 children that attend Downers Grove Christian School. My oldest is in 8th grade and will be going to Downers Grove North this fall. She tested very high on the Explorer test and will be taking honors classes there. I feel that DGCS has prepared her well for high school. My other children also score very high on the Terra Nova standardized testing and they are in 1st, 3rd, and 6th grade. I feel this school is academically strong and at the same time the school is Christ centered. Each teacher here truly loves and cares for each child. DGCS does report to ISBE . I am sad that one parent keeps putting things that are not true about this school on this website. Our family and children have been very happy here for the past 9 years.

The love and care the students get from the teaching staff at this school is unequalled. Unfortunately, there is a family out there who keeps coming back to leave false and hateful messages about this great school. How sad it is for someone to carry around this much spite. But as a previous writer says, we do forgive them and pray they will find God's peace and let their hate go. This school is a wonderful place for your children. My wife and I had our three kids go through 8th grade and had a wonderful experience and transitioned well into high school. We LOVE this school!!!

Downers Grove Christian School has brought me closer in my relationship with God and has prepared me extremely well for high school. I attended DGCS all the way from pre-school through eighth grade and loved every single year. Each year I have grown in my faith, developed strong relationships, and advanced academically. Last year I learned that every morning the teachers pray for every student by name and that is just one example of how the teachers at DGCS go above and beyond to make the classroom environments enjoyable and dedicated to to the students learning.

Last modified Downers Grove Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8