Downers Grove, IL

Downers Grove Christian School 1

Posted December 22, 2014
We had to remove our child from this school because of bullying. The gym teacher didn't interact with the kids during gym so the kids pretty much ran the show and treated each other like dirt. They make your kid memorize a bible verse every week but there is very little christian behavior going on here. It's sad. The teachers, minus one, are sub par and certainly don't have the degrees and expertise that the web site will have you believe. Nepotism is rampant. It's very poorly run by a select few who have no clue what they are doing! Don't stop here, keep looking!

Posted July 11, 2012
Outstanding staff and teachers who have dedicated their careers to teaching. 10 out of 14 teachers have been teaching 9+ years at DGCS. The school offers a loving, caring environment which allows the students to flourish. I had 2 children attend pre-8th grade at DGCS. They both left the school and attended DG High School attending honor classes. It is a safe place where children can learn that God created them special and has a plan for their lives. They offer art, computers, PE, music/band, clubs and sports. I would absolutely recommend this school!

Posted May 12, 2012
My children have attended this school for many years and for many reasons we have been generally pleased. Overall the teachers have been strong. The teachers have a heart for Christ and are dedicated to teaching for the Lord. Only 1 of the 13 teachers is young. The other 12 teachers have had years of teaching experience.

Posted May 10, 2012
My husband and I are very happy with the education that our children are getting at Downers Grove Christian School. We love the individual attention they receive in small classes. The average class size is only 18 children! The leadership and teachers make our children feel very loved and special. We love the new Parent Teacher Fellowship group, too. Lots of creative ideas.

Posted May 08, 2012
Downers Grove Christian School is an outstanding school for those seeking a distinctly Christian education with solid Biblical principles. The teachers are well experienced and teach with excellence. I have three children attending the school and strongly believe the level of instruction is superior. They have tremendous opportunities to excel in every area of their development. In addition to the exceptional teachers, DGCS offers superb and challenging academic programs, as well as strong school leadership via the principal. DGCS is a thriving ministry of First Baptist Church of Downers Grove. The outstanding church-school connection is a positive and supportive relationship demonstrating a vibrant faith-in-action example. Overall, I rate this school five stars. I am highly satisfied with the outstanding experience my children have received academically and spiritually.

Downers Grove Christian School 3

Posted March 09, 2012
My children have attended this school for many years and for many reasons we have been generally pleased. Overall the teachers have been strong, although the turnover is higher than desired. The teachers have a heart for Christ and are dedicated to teaching for the Lord. However, they tend to attract very young teachers and often times they are inexperienced or leave quickly to begin families. Overall, the leadership struggles. The school is a ministry of the affiliate Baptist church. Therefore, the principal ultimately reports to the Deacon board and is strongly governed by the church which has, at times, created problems with conflict resolution, communication, and growth for the school itself. Problem resolution with the parents has been increasingly problematic. Although, allowing grace and discernment in decision making is a cornerstone of leading a Christian life, at times this is actually misplaced at this school. Recurrent behavior problems tend to get avoided. Due to the teachers my children have had throughout the years, I believe they received a quality education, however it is a bit uncertain due to frequently changing staff.

Posted July 07, 2010
I have had three children go through this school. (preschool - 8th grade) They have had a warm environment with academic excellence. All of the children have placed into honors classes in the high school and have done well with their Christian foundation.

Downers Grove Christian School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
have a very loving staff - care for the children not only academically but spiritually, high quality education

Posted April 13, 2010
We are most pleased with all the teachers and staff. There are good measures of discipline and and taught our son many good Christian principles.

Posted July 20, 2007
We have been overall very pleased with the school. We initially chose DGCS because we felt out son, kind of shy, would benefit from a smaller class size. We were very impressed with the challenging curriculum and pleasantly surprised with the welcoming atmosphere & Christian emphasis that is evident in all areas.

Downers Grove Christian School
929 Maple Avenue, Downers Grove, IL  60515
Last modified Downers Grove Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Downers Grove Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top