Downers Grove, IL

Posted August 14, 2015
We send our two children to Downers Grove Christian School. Both have attended since Preschool and have loved going every day. They feel safe. They feel loved. They are getting a great education in small classrooms. My daughter's class has 16 children and my son's class has 10 students. You can really see how the teachers show love and teach love. One of our children has a disability and not one single time has it been an issue. She has felt accepted and loved at each step.

Posted February 12, 2015
I am a parent of 4 children that attend Downers Grove Christian School. My oldest is in 8th grade and will be going to Downers Grove North this fall. She tested very high on the Explorer test and will be taking honors classes there. I feel that DGCS has prepared her well for high school. My other children also score very high on the Terra Nova standardized testing and they are in 1st, 3rd, and 6th grade. I feel this school is academically strong and at the same time the school is Christ centered. Each teacher here truly loves and cares for each child. DGCS does report to ISBE . I am sad that one parent keeps putting things that are not true about this school on this website. Our family and children have been very happy here for the past 9 years.

Posted February 11, 2015
The love and care the students get from the teaching staff at this school is unequalled. Unfortunately, there is a family out there who keeps coming back to leave false and hateful messages about this great school. How sad it is for someone to carry around this much spite. But as a previous writer says, we do forgive them and pray they will find God's peace and let their hate go. This school is a wonderful place for your children. My wife and I had our three kids go through 8th grade and had a wonderful experience and transitioned well into high school. We LOVE this school!!!

Posted February 11, 2015
Downers Grove Christian School has brought me closer in my relationship with God and has prepared me extremely well for high school. I attended DGCS all the way from pre-school through eighth grade and loved every single year. Each year I have grown in my faith, developed strong relationships, and advanced academically. Last year I learned that every morning the teachers pray for every student by name and that is just one example of how the teachers at DGCS go above and beyond to make the classroom environments enjoyable and dedicated to to the students learning.

Posted February 11, 2015
Downers Grove Christian School has been a blessing to our family in so many ways. The children are loved and the quality of education more than prepares them for high school and college. The staff invests in so much more than academics, the spiritual aspect goes above and beyond the classroom. No school is perfect , come check it out for yourself. We are excited to see how the Lord will continue to use the ministry of DGCS.

Downers Grove Christian School 1

Posted February 09, 2015
This school is not only unaccredited, but they re not even recognized by ISBE. What s sad is that DGCS boasts that their education is Top Notch yet they won t do the minimum & register with ISBE? There s a reason, and it s that their curriculum is laughable. 6th gr. should be learning Ancient History but instead spend 1 mo. making National Park brochures & weeks drawing imaginary restaurants in other countries. Spanish is offered in 7/8th grade via Rosetta Stone, but most just play on the internet instead. Why? No tests, no HW, no supervision. Many textbooks are over 10 yrs. old. Unnecessary field trips & daily game time in lower grades. Music teacher has no musical education. Teacher s on their phones during class. Jr. High classes chaotic & noisy. I could go on but space is limited. Unfortunately, DGCS is just a glorified day care center. My children are in another school now and it s scary how much catching up they have to do. Save yourself the heartache and money and send your children elsewhere if you want them to actually be educated. Please learn from my mistake and NEVER send your child to an unaccredited school.

Posted January 30, 2015
My family has been profoundly blessed by the education my 2 children received at Downers Grove Christian School. They have both been there from Kindergarten through 8th grade and both of them were more than adequately prepared for high school. The teachers truly love the students. They are always available to answer questions. We met personally with every teacher every year and never once had any doubts that our children were loved. As far as the education quality goes, it is definitely above par. Not only do the teachers teach what needs to be taught, but they also strive to teach the spirit of the child. That is not something you get in a public school of 30 or more kids per class. Both of our children were involved in sports and band. They were both able to do whatever they desired and built better relationships as a result of being part of something bigger than themselves. You truly cannot go wrong at DGCS. We love the school, teachers, staff and church. Our children will have great memories of school as a result of their time there.

Posted January 30, 2015
Having graduated I can say that I love this school and how it has helped me with my walk with Christ. It is also a great place to find life-long Christian friends that will help and encourage you with your walk with Christ as well. The teachers are great and encourage you to do your best. It is a great environment for students and a great place for a quality education. It is upsetting how some people post untrue ratings for this amazing school.

Posted January 30, 2015
All of my children have attended the DGCS preschool program and we have been blessed as a result. The attention and dedication of the staff was remarkable. Their care for my children's education, but more importantly their spiritual development, was top-notch. Couldn't be happier with the team @ DGCS!

Posted January 30, 2015
I am currently in high school, and I graduated from DGCS. I have found that this school provides a great education, and fully prepared me for high school. I had learned everything anyone from a public school learned, if not more. I really live this school, because it is so Christ-centered, and everyone is loved there. I can not think of one teacher that's not excited to teach about the love of God. As if the students there, the classes may not be as big as public school, but I can almost promise that you will make lifelong friends at this school. One thing I love are the field trips, we don't go them to often, but every time we do they are super fun. One of my favorite trips was were we went Downtown DG and handed out candy canes with the true meaning of Christmas on them. One of my favorite parts of this school, are the weekly chapels, we worship, and learn a great Bible story. Overall, this is an amazing school. And no matter what anybody says, I will always recommend this school :)

Downers Grove Christian School
929 Maple Avenue, Downers Grove, IL  60515
Last modified Downers Grove Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Downers Grove Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top