Downs, IL

Posted May 27, 2008
I agree that Tri-Valley elementary is a wonderful school, though I have to disagree with the pre-k review. I sent my older children to a different pre-k program and my yougest to Tri-Valley pre-k. My other children's academic knowledge was far more advanced than that of my youngest child. I felt my other children were more prepared for kindergaren than was my youngest, who attended the Tri-Valley pre-k program. The pre-k teachers are very nice but the academic program could use much impovement. Grades K to 3 in the elementary school are wonderful and I have only good things to say.

Posted February 26, 2007
Tri-Valley has an excellent elementary school. The staff is wonderful. Due to a move out of state we had to remove our child in 3rd grade. Because of the education he received, he was able to transition well into a school we were told is extremely challenging. We certainly wish we could have remained at Tri-Valley. Although Tri-Valley teachers prepare students to be able to obtain proficient scores on the standardized tests, they don't just teach to it. Hands on learning is made a priority. Our child stated his days went by very fast at his former school as opposed to his school now that just produces worksheets for the children to complete. I couldn't praise the Tri-Valley school teachers and administrators enough!!!

Posted April 17, 2006
The pre-K program is at the same level as many kindergarten programs. It is smart having pre-K in a class room setting. This makes the transition into an all-day kindergarten much easier for our 5 year olds.

Posted May 23, 2003
I have a new respect for teachers after sending 2 of my children to this school. The teachers at Tri-Valley Elementary are very dedicated. They go above and beyond their duties to care for our children. It's a wonderful school. Parents are very much encouraged to share in their children's education. They really work with the students and help them to become good citizens. They have an excellant academic program.

Tri-Valley Elementary School
409 East Washington Street, Downs, IL  61736
(309) 378-2031
Last modified Tri-Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3
Tri-Valley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top