Downs, IL

Posted May 27, 2008
I agree that Tri-Valley elementary is a wonderful school, though I have to disagree with the pre-k review. I sent my older children to a different pre-k program and my yougest to Tri-Valley pre-k. My other children's academic knowledge was far more advanced than that of my youngest child. I felt my other children were more prepared for kindergaren than was my youngest, who attended the Tri-Valley pre-k program. The pre-k teachers are very nice but the academic program could use much impovement. Grades K to 3 in the elementary school are wonderful and I have only good things to say.

Posted February 26, 2007
Tri-Valley has an excellent elementary school. The staff is wonderful. Due to a move out of state we had to remove our child in 3rd grade. Because of the education he received, he was able to transition well into a school we were told is extremely challenging. We certainly wish we could have remained at Tri-Valley. Although Tri-Valley teachers prepare students to be able to obtain proficient scores on the standardized tests, they don't just teach to it. Hands on learning is made a priority. Our child stated his days went by very fast at his former school as opposed to his school now that just produces worksheets for the children to complete. I couldn't praise the Tri-Valley school teachers and administrators enough!!!

Posted April 17, 2006
The pre-K program is at the same level as many kindergarten programs. It is smart having pre-K in a class room setting. This makes the transition into an all-day kindergarten much easier for our 5 year olds.

Tri-Valley Elementary School
409 East Washington Street, Downs, IL  61736
(309) 378-2031
Last modified Tri-Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3
Tri-Valley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top