Posted May 22, 2015
I find some of these other reviews confusing. My experience with East Moline Christian School has been quite different. My child loved his teacher and she went out of her way to help him and show kindness to him– even staying after school on her own time to help him with math. Also, a school calendar to hang in our home was sent home with my child the first week of school – we check it regularly. I also found that there is a calendar of upcoming events on the school’s website eastmolinechristianschool.org and you can even sign up in the office for email alerts. I find it hard to believe that the ladies in the office would not contact a parent if a child is injured – they called me to get permission to give my son a Tylenol when he had a headache. See why I am confused? The tuition is very affordable in comparison to other private schools. We live on a budget, but we are able to make it work. My husband and I view it more as an investment than an expense. Is this school perfect? No. But, what school is?

Posted April 21, 2015
It's hard to find words that can describe a place like East Moline Christian School. It has a rich history of training boys and girls to serve God in whatever area He has called them to. They have been blessed with God-honoring leadership whose focus is on the well being of their students. East Moline shares a common goal-- training the next generation to serve Christ. You will be hard pressed to find a place that will give your child the kind of education like what is offered at East Moline Christian School. East Moline is a testimony of the faithfulness of its leaders that have been there since its conception. I have had the opportunity to see first hand what goes in to preparing for each school year and it's not an easy task. This further proves the dedication of the staff and faculty to give their students the best educational experience possible. I would not hesitate for a moment in suggesting East Moline Christian School to anyone!

Posted September 24, 2014
Rude pre school teachers, no calendars to know anything, way to strict to the nail dress code, you buy school supplies that are not necessary, the tuition for three hours a day is 2,000$. This is the only school I know of that dies nit have a direct website, I don't even know when my kids picture day is!

Posted August 25, 2014
This school was probably the biggest mistake I made. They constantly changed their minds on what one owes in tuition, did not inform parents (asap) if their child was injured at school. When my child transferred out of this school, the school they attended sent for records from EMCS and there was not record to send after they attended for more than 2 years. I stood in the hallway waiting for my child to get out of class one day and actually heard a teacher yelling at her class. Needless to say I was VERY disappointed with what EMCS had to offer. I hope this helps someone make a good decision when enrolling their child in a 'good' school.

Posted August 25, 2014
This school is poorly run there isn't proper air conditioning in the summer or heat in the winter. Half the time there is no soap for the bathrooms to wash hands. Teachers are nice to your face but when your not there they are rude and screaming at your kids. and there is not a school nurse. If your child gets injured you'll be luck if you get notified in a timely manner. My child had a injury there that required hospital care no ever contacted us. We picked up are child and went straight to emergency room when he wasn't walking properly. Come to find out he suffered a fractured ankle and the school staff changed there story so many times they claimed to know nothing about it. They claim to charge one price but you will be paying at least double that. . I wouldn't recommend working for tution it is not worth it. They expect you to run a oversized class room with no teacher supervision. The teachers and pastor was very misleading about my child's progress. All they care about is the money. These people are con artist. This is not what I expected from a Christian School the facilities are poor.

Posted October 29, 2013
My preschool grandson attends this school. Absolutely a wonderful, well run school. Very happy with all teachers and staff.

Posted August 02, 2013
Small, well managed class sizes. Teachers really take an interest in knowing each individual student. School leadership is passionate about educating children in a Christian environment that is financially affordable. Definitely the best value in the Quad Cities.

East Moline Christian School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
East Moline Christian now has kids with big behavioral issues. It is affecting the quality of education you are paying for. It is no different than a public classroom with less pay for the teachers. I know several that are fed up with the problematic kids. The leaders of this school aren't taking control of the situation and getting rid of these kids. I am disgusted with the situation and am considering a different private school with smaller class sizes!!!

Posted June 02, 2011
East Moline Christian is by far the best school in the area. They have excellent teachers, strong leadership, and challenging academics, but they also lead students toward a personal walk with the Lord. They are short on space ONLY bc they are still gathering the funds needed to begin the necessary expansion projects. EMCS does not accept any government funds, a thing to be admired in a society where money is given so freely to anyone reaching a hand out. That is where the use of fundraisers comes into play for EMC. There are btw only 4. These cut tuition costs and make EMCS the most affordable in the area. Inexpensive does not always mean lower quality, and EMCS does not lack quality at all. The 2011 senior class averaged a 27 ACT score! Universities in both IL and IA offered sports players in the local public schools a full ride scholarship if they could score a 20! 3 and 4 year old children are reading already when the national average has children learning to read as 1st and 2nd graders! Please visit the school before setting it aside as not right for your child. It certainly changes lives for the better!

East Moline Christian School

Posted May 12, 2010
This is a top school that also teaches morals! That is so important to people of faith in this day and age. They have top students and teachers.

East Moline Christian School
900 46th Avenue, East Moline, IL  61244
Last modified East Moline Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
East Moline Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top