Elgin, IL

Channing Memorial Elementary School 5

Posted April 09, 2015
this is the best school ever and I wish I was still there. I switched from this school not to long ago and just want to let everyone know that its a really really really good school . my name is Emilie Narvaez and this is an amazing school ... :-)

Channing Memorial Elementary School 5

Posted September 26, 2013
My children have been going to Channing for four years now and they love the teachers. I enjoy seeing my children learn and do different activities. This school was my school when I was younger, I still remember my teachers. They aren't there anymore but the teachers are still caring about the children.

Channing Memorial Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2012
After 9 years with a terrible principal at Channing that all but destroyed the school, Channing is looking up with new leadership. There are some excellent teachers in the school and there are some that are terrible and abusive. After being there for 6 years I can honestly say that this school has the potential to be great, but the larger problem is the entire district, U-46. The lack of transparency in their actions and respect for parents is deplorable. I say this from someone that has been involved on every level and volunteered 1000s of hours. The school day is too short, just 6 hours. Reading and math reign with little importance given to social studies and science. As for enrichment classes like art, music and library, it might as well be non-existent. The whole set up of elementary schools in U-46 is horrendous and definitely isn't put together with its students in mind. The best thing is the teachers, the worst thing is the district. Fasten your seatbelt if you send your child to school in this district, and know that you will need to be very involved in order for your child to succeed.

Channing Memorial Elementary School 4

Posted February 09, 2010
My child is in the dual language program at Channing Elementary and is doing very well. The teachers and parents in this program are exceptional and extremely involved.

Channing Memorial Elementary School
63 South Channing Street, Elgin, IL  60120
Last modified Channing Memorial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Channing Memorial Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top