Elgin, IL
Students enrolled: 2,378

Posted January 16, 2015
I've been around all the U-46 schools in the district. Elgin is an excellent school & there is a lot of maroon pride. South Elgin makes you wanna to drop out. It's not diverse. Larkin, Streamwood & Bartlett is drama filled but also diverse.

Posted February 22, 2010
Elgin High School is, like any other school, doing the best it can with the little it has. Given the fact that the vast majority of the student body are actually minorities from very low income backgrounds, and the severe underfunding of the school, they do an EXCELLENT job! Test scores and attendance are almost on par with the state averages when funding is not. People who are looking for a top tier HS in terms of pomp and haught had better look elsewhere. But despite the fact that the bathrooms are a little messy, this school can and does provide top quality educations to those who seek them.

Posted September 01, 2009
great school. new experiences, make lifelong friends, best time is homecoming week!

Posted May 08, 2009
I love it here and how people don't define other by their race, clothes, intelligence, or anything. All who go here are kind to eachother.

Posted November 19, 2008
Great school! I was in the academy there and the teachers were very respectful, fun, and motivating. Administration was a little disrespectful sometimes but sometimes a little bad has to come with the good. Overall, it was a fantastic experience going to that school.

Elgin High School 3

Posted August 21, 2007
there are alot for teachers at Elgin High that make you want to learn.. it's a good school

Elgin High School 2

Posted March 24, 2006
I was in the Gifted and Talented Academy which I think helped prepare me for college but in general my experience at EHS was a negative one.

Elgin High School 4

Posted December 15, 2005
I am a Senior at Elgin High School now and i could not be happier to be here.everyone questions this school and where it is goin but i know where it could be goin in a few years. A well known place and good leadership qualities.the minority level in Elgin is outstanding there and many different backrounds here and everyone can relate to eachother in some way.I would not want to be stuck in a school where there is only a one dominant race. The athletic program in this school is goin to rise. right now our school has the potenial to bring home state championships.The leadership on the teams is so high that there are no captains.Teacher quality in this school is very good teachers demand respect and passing grades it hard for teachers to control 30 students so give them a break.

Elgin High School 1

Posted June 29, 2005
I pulled my child out of EHS after 2 years. There appears to be significant gang activity and other criminal elements. The security guards seem to be incapable of preventing fights and racial intimidation. I had the feeling my daughther was just going through a big diploma machine rather than getting a quality education. The majority of teachers seemed to be not motivated at all and a couple didn't even know the students names. The school is over-populated and dirty.

Elgin High School 4

Posted May 11, 2005
After reading several comments regarding Elgin High School, I felt more than compelled to offer a fair assessment of this school. As a 1999 graduate, I was neither a gifted honor student nor a juvienille deliquent. Since coming in as a shy, under developed freshmen, I left Elgin High with confidence, motivation and a pretty decent build. Being the open-minded student that I was, I dabbled in the arts, drama and music classes in addition to being on the basketball team. I even enrolled in a musical at the advice of the school choir director that overheard me singing. The classes I excelled at, I had fun. The classes I struggled with, I got the help I needed. As for being prepared for the real world, EHS was a valuable learning tool. If you as a student apply yourself, then you'll be hanging with other ambitious students that you'll learn from.

Elgin High School
1200 Maroon Drive, Elgin, IL  60120
Last modified Elgin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elgin High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top