PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Great school with great teachers. Those who want a quality education at a good price, should come to St. Laurence. Nothing pretentious, all real. Old church and old school building with a character, small groups, nothing extra to pay for. We are not Catholic, and found a family here, wonderful atmosphere for our kids to grow and mature.

Sending our children to St. Laurence ensured that they would be taught the same beliefs and values we were teaching them at home, in a Christ-centered school, by teachers who share our faith. We have found all the staff to be professional, knowledgeable, and genuinely invested in providing our children with the best education possible. Students are given many opportunities to excel and class size allows for individual needs to be met. The staff and families receive support and guidance from our principal and pastor, who with our Education Commission, work together to use resources wisely to update materials and technology. For those of us who are looking for a quality education at an affordable price, St. Laurence is a smart, economical choice.

My son is finishing up his last year at St. Laurence and I am so sad. They are the best group of teachers and know how to provide the one on one help that each child needs. They enrich the kids' lives with practical situations and have high expectations for each student. Academically, the school is exactly where it should be, but more than that, they offer spiritual guidance that can only be taught through example. Every single staff member from the principal on down leads our students to be the best.

We toured a few schools prior to our oldest starting Kindergarten. We did not want to use the U46 public school system. We immediately felt at home at St. Laurence. This is truly a family, not just a school.

My husband and I view Catholic schools as the complete package. St. Laurence provides an excellent academic experience, but more importantly, the foundation on which is based on a living faith in Jesus Christ. Our child's entire being, her mind, emotion, and soul, is nourished by St. Laurence. Paying for a Catholic education is not cheap, but if you believe that your child is your most important asset, and we certainly do, the money you spend on a Catholic education at St. Laurence is the best investment you ll ever make.

The new administration is EXTREMELY difficult to deal with, and is making changes that don't take into consideration the best interests of the children or families. The teachers are wonderful and so are the families, but parents aren't able to be fully involved as they were for the many generations prior to the new principal. It's quite disheartening and very, very sad...

St Laurence catholic school is exactly what I was looking for 10 years ago when trying to find a private school for my kids. It has remained a wonderful experience for all this time. Our oldest has gone on to have high honors in high school, and continues to soar academically. His education from St Laurence school was nothing short of wonderful, teachers are amazing, and the overall feel if "family" is what really sets them apart.

We came to St. Laurence due to the family atmosphere mainly in the church first..and now the school. It is a close knit community. .but welcoming to outsiders. The teachers are terrific and the school is constantly upgrading itself with new technology. My daughter is becoming a happy, well rounded individual and that's all we can as for as parents.

I love the all day Kindergarten and the small class sizes. Even though my son has some learning disabilities the teachers do everything they can to help him. It is a great learning environment for any child, catholic or not.

When my family moved to Elgin we toured several of the area Catholic Schools and choose St. Laurence as the best school for our children. The teachers are amazing, I have never seen a better group of teachers in a school anywhere. If I need to speak to them they are always more than helpful and my children love their teachers even if they don't like the subject being taught. The times I have needed to see the principal she has always made the time to see me. During any of our interactions she is always respectful and considerate and has helped me with anything I have asked. My children have also had chances to speak with and even if the principal could not do what they asked my children felt they had been listened too and given a fair chance to express themselves and their ideas. I have had a chance to interact with every member of the St. Laurence staff and they have all been positive and helpful. If I had to make a decision for a school for my children I would definitely pick St. Laurence!

Last modified St Laurence Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8