Posted April 24, 2014
My son is finishing up his last year at St. Laurence and I am so sad. They are the best group of teachers and know how to provide the one on one help that each child needs. They enrich the kids' lives with practical situations and have high expectations for each student. Academically, the school is exactly where it should be, but more than that, they offer spiritual guidance that can only be taught through example. Every single staff member from the principal on down leads our students to be the best.

Posted April 15, 2014
We toured a few schools prior to our oldest starting Kindergarten. We did not want to use the U46 public school system. We immediately felt at home at St. Laurence. This is truly a family, not just a school.

Posted April 15, 2014
My husband and I view Catholic schools as the complete package. St. Laurence provides an excellent academic experience, but more importantly, the foundation on which is based on a living faith in Jesus Christ. Our child's entire being, her mind, emotion, and soul, is nourished by St. Laurence. Paying for a Catholic education is not cheap, but if you believe that your child is your most important asset, and we certainly do, the money you spend on a Catholic education at St. Laurence is the best investment you ll ever make.

St Laurence Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2014
The new administration is EXTREMELY difficult to deal with, and is making changes that don't take into consideration the best interests of the children or families. The teachers are wonderful and so are the families, but parents aren't able to be fully involved as they were for the many generations prior to the new principal. It's quite disheartening and very, very sad...

Posted April 04, 2014
St Laurence catholic school is exactly what I was looking for 10 years ago when trying to find a private school for my kids. It has remained a wonderful experience for all this time. Our oldest has gone on to have high honors in high school, and continues to soar academically. His education from St Laurence school was nothing short of wonderful, teachers are amazing, and the overall feel if "family" is what really sets them apart.

Posted April 03, 2014
We came to St. Laurence due to the family atmosphere mainly in the church first..and now the school. It is a close knit community. .but welcoming to outsiders. The teachers are terrific and the school is constantly upgrading itself with new technology. My daughter is becoming a happy, well rounded individual and that's all we can as for as parents.

Posted April 03, 2014
I love the all day Kindergarten and the small class sizes. Even though my son has some learning disabilities the teachers do everything they can to help him. It is a great learning environment for any child, catholic or not.

Posted April 02, 2014
When my family moved to Elgin we toured several of the area Catholic Schools and choose St. Laurence as the best school for our children. The teachers are amazing, I have never seen a better group of teachers in a school anywhere. If I need to speak to them they are always more than helpful and my children love their teachers even if they don't like the subject being taught. The times I have needed to see the principal she has always made the time to see me. During any of our interactions she is always respectful and considerate and has helped me with anything I have asked. My children have also had chances to speak with and even if the principal could not do what they asked my children felt they had been listened too and given a fair chance to express themselves and their ideas. I have had a chance to interact with every member of the St. Laurence staff and they have all been positive and helpful. If I had to make a decision for a school for my children I would definitely pick St. Laurence!

Posted April 02, 2014
The faculty at St. Laurence is wonderful! The teachers care about every facet of the children's educational experience. There are families here that have been here for generations. We chose this school because of the feeling of community, the quality of education, and the respectful behavior of the students.

Posted January 20, 2014
The teaching staff here is outstanding! I have no doubt that my child will have all the tools needed to be successful in high school and the years that follow. Change is inevitable with a new principal (2012). Those changes include many technology updates being made to our school. I very highly recommend this school and suggest that you contact and visit the school to see for yourself. I believe there is an open house next week. Come and meet the staff, and hear first hand how a majority of us families feel about St. Laurence.

St Laurence Elementary School
572 Standish Street, Elgin, IL  60123
Last modified St Laurence Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Laurence Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top