Elgin, IL

Posted June 04, 2012
This is a really nice school and I am impressed with the way the teachers and the principal care for the students. The constant communication with teachers and the nice facility (pretty new) makes for a good learning enviornment.

Prairie View Grade School 4

Posted November 04, 2011
In response to the comment about the school cutting programs, it s not the school that cuts the programs, it s the state that cuts money and the district in turn cuts programs. It s not right to blame a school for something beyond its control. Not many schools would place a student in any type of challenge program just because the parent wanted them in it. Typically, a child has to qualify for that type of program. The principal seems friendly. Parent involvement is great. There seems to be quite a few parent volunteers in and out of classrooms and the PTO offers so many great events. Teacher quality is difficult to rate because all teachers are different; some more involved than others. My child s Kindergarten teacher was amazing. She saw things in my own child that I hadn't recognized. She was cut from the staff after that school year. That was disappointing. The next teacher didn t seem to connect well with my child. She would often inform me of my child s weaknesses but didn t offer help or solutions. The following year was better because the teacher saw my child s struggles from the get-go and began observations and interventions right away.

Prairie View Grade School 1

Posted April 17, 2010
We are not the only parents taking our children out of this school due to lack of advanced placement classes and a lack of helping those with learning disabilities. The are several parents whom I have spoken with the have fought with the principal, teacher etc. regarding these issues for their child and still to no avail has my child or theirs been given help or been placed in an advanced classes, whichever one was needed. I do NOT recommend this school.

Posted October 07, 2008
This new school has excellent facilities. This combined with an outstanding teaching staff and high test scores makes it one of the best middle schools in Kane County. The school is exceptionally strong in science and math as a result of a superior faculty.

Posted June 19, 2008
This is a fantastic school with a first class teaching team, brilliant teachers and a supportive team of teachers. I am really proud my son (Chase) is a student of such a successful and outstanding school. His teacher s Mrs. Schambach was supportive in every way. When she saw my son struggling a little she put the extra effort to help get him back on track and now he loves to read. She retired this year and she will be missed, but I am glad to let her know she had another fantastic year of making a difference. Chase is in Prairie View s summer reading class and is now reading everything he can get his hands on. I would recommend this school over the best private institutions. PERFECT! Thank you, Eric Castro

Posted May 28, 2008
For the $5000.00 in taxes I pay annually to this school district, I expect a better system. The school is not air conditioned (for some reason) and it was only built in 2000. It feels very disorganized from everything from the notes being sent home to the school board meeting mintues. Maybe public schools are like this ?! Some time should be spent getting it into a better organization as if I ran my work like this, I would be out of business.

Posted September 09, 2006
This is an amazing school. We left expensive private schools for this school and feel that it is superior. The staff and faculty are top notch. It has a welcomning feel. Highly recommend it.

10N630 Nesler Road, Elgin, IL  60124
Last modified Prairie View Grade School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie View Grade School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top