PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

How can you possibly compare excellent teachers who are motivated by something inside them versus good teachers who are motivated by tenure and a secure pension? I have heard very good things about certain public schools around me – Jacobs high school for one – But, as one with a masters degree and who loves academics, critical thinking, and well-rounded educational experiences, I am so grateful for this wonderful school and for what it's giving my child. After homeschooling K-5 with co-ops and other enrichments like Elgin Centre homeschool gym&swim, this is my child's first all day school experience. His teachers have bent over backwards and helping him make this transition while also recognizing his challenges with ADHD - and they really do not have to do this. No one is mandating them from the state to help my child. They simply are driven from within. They care about him not because he is lovable but because of something within them. That is truly not something that can be measured by the world's standards. And yet, by the world's standards, he's getting a supberb education. He has a science teacher who left the math and science academy to teach here, A seasoned history teacher who is teaching him the Cornell note-taking system and implements a notebooking system that will set him up for life and keeping his thoughts organized, a literature and language teacher who is passionate about literature, grammar, engendering critical thinking-teaching them HOW to think not WHAT to think, and art teacher who follows the history genre in teaching art techniques and skills while supporting what he's learning in history, a concert-worthy violin teacher with a thriving private practice of her own who patiently and encouragingly gives him devoted extra time to learn his first instrument and who has transferred her passion for violin to him, a kindhearted, no nonsense, athletic and strong man who teaches Bible as the historically accurate document it is, an absolutely fabulous math teacher who exhibit passion for her subject and teaches the Singapore math concepts which are the best in the world, and an encouraging PE teacher who somehow got this football-hating boy to finally love playing football! From my perspective – there aren't enough stars to rate the school.

We are new at Harvest this year (2014-2015) and I have been very impressed. My children have been welcomed in with open arms and have had very personal care. I believe not only are my kids getting a solid education but they are building closer lives with Christ! Both my children state that they learn more about the Bible at HCA than at all the countless Sunday school classes. They are not saying they didn't learn there too:), they just really emphasize what Harvest has done for their knowledge and understanding of the Bible. My daughter, who is in all advanced classes, thinks some of the curriculum could be more challenging We came from a highly ranked public school with many opportunities and options for advanced kids and she is comparing to that. I believe that as new kids to the area and to the school, my kids have been able to adjust and fit right in at Harvest! I am so thankful for all the teachers and staff who have a heart for Christ and for kids! You are making a huge difference in lives whether you realize it or not! You have changed our lives! Thank You!

My three children started their school careers at Harvest and have been attending since 2009. My husband and I have been impressed with the academics and over all dedication and commitment of this schools staff and administration. From the moment we walked into the hallways we felt extremely LOVED! The class sizes are small and every year each of my children have had EXCELLENT teachers who not only teach the academics but also care for them and pray with them. My children really look forward to chapel every week. The Bible base education is outstanding. We feel truly blessed to be able to attend Harvest Christian Academy and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone!

Our daughter began going to HCA this year, transferring from another Christian school. When we went to the open house last year, we were immediately impressed by not only the sincere care that Marc had for the students, but also the interest and genuine support that the teachers and staff have as well. Also, the facility and top-notch gym were appealing. The positive attitude of the teachers towards the students is refreshing; they really want the students to succeed and do well. They have the posture that expresses an expectation that they will do the right thing, instead of waiting to reprimand them when they fail. The education is excellent and as my daughter says about the teachers, "they're devoted." The food service is even good. I only have positive things to say about the school and would highly recommend it.

What a breath of fresh air HCA has been for our family. After homeschooling all his life, my son is now a freshman at Harvest. He made excellent friends before he even walked through the door. The staff has been extremely welcoming and accommodating as my son has transitioned from being home to going in to a classroom setting. Academic learning struggles were detected in him about 5 years ago. Harvest has listened, exhibited beautiful grace in his academic struggles, and are more than willing to walk this road with us as we find the ways my son learns best. We have not experienced any political or negative. No place is perfect. We all have places to improve and grow. I am thankful my son is in an school where this is acknowledged and God's will and plan for improvement is always sought.

It WAS a good school... but all Good things come to an end. In the beginning it was great, fun field trips great teachers good friends and horrible food :) but as time went on politics got involved and there were some questionable decisions "higher up" in the church. Soon there must have been money issues because our 5th grade out door ed got canceled and our field trips were not good. On one of our field trips we went to an actual mall but the worst thing of that trip was we couldn't buy anything! The kids were great I miss my friends and the teachers but I'm so glad I left. If you want nice friends with a little drama and good teachers go to this school, if you want a decent education don't...

This is an excellent school where I have been able to grow in my faith and build a good community of other believers to influence me

We have two children at HCA since 2008. They are elementary and junior high age now. A day doesn't go by that we thank the Lord for this school, for it's teachers,staff and administration. We wouldn't be in a place if our kids weren't genuinely loved by their teachers and staff. When teachers are allowed to pray with your child, what an impact that has on them! The quality of education is exceptional, challenging them, preparing them for high school and college. The classrooms and Barton reading program has been a constant place of encouragement. The growth in the Athletics program has been phenomenal, competing in new conferences this year. Our kids are getting a first rate education and competitive athletic exposure. When you add in the component that our kids are learning about how the Lord would have them live, being discipled by their teachers and the pastors at the church, our hearts are extremely grateful to be at this school.

I have three children in the school and have been here since the beginning in 2004. We wouldn't stay if we didn't believe that the teachers and curriculum were not preparing our children to be all that the Lord has planned for them. We are thankful for the teachers who teach, love and disciple our children. We are thankful for the administrative leaders who take to heart their calling to lead and grow this school. Athletics is growing strong and quickly and under a leader who is passionate about using sports to make courageous, disciplined young leaders of Jesus Christ. Academics are rigorous and college preparatory. Arts program is growing too. LS added a strings program this year. Theater Department will be putting on a large scale production of Willy Wonka in the Worship Center.

Well unfortunately this site will not allow me to post the truth about this school as it has removed my post twice. Someone from HCA must be running this site. Horrible experince not with just one child, but three...for several years. Post dated June 4th is DEAD ON ACCURATE!

Last modified Harvest Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12