Elgin, IL

Posted February 17, 2015
We are new at Harvest this year (2014-2015) and I have been very impressed. My children have been welcomed in with open arms and have had very personal care. I believe not only are my kids getting a solid education but they are building closer lives with Christ! Both my children state that they learn more about the Bible at HCA than at all the countless Sunday school classes. They are not saying they didn't learn there too:), they just really emphasize what Harvest has done for their knowledge and understanding of the Bible. My daughter, who is in all advanced classes, thinks some of the curriculum could be more challenging We came from a highly ranked public school with many opportunities and options for advanced kids and she is comparing to that. I believe that as new kids to the area and to the school, my kids have been able to adjust and fit right in at Harvest! I am so thankful for all the teachers and staff who have a heart for Christ and for kids! You are making a huge difference in lives whether you realize it or not! You have changed our lives! Thank You!

Posted February 03, 2015
My three children started their school careers at Harvest and have been attending since 2009. My husband and I have been impressed with the academics and over all dedication and commitment of this schools staff and administration. From the moment we walked into the hallways we felt extremely LOVED! The class sizes are small and every year each of my children have had EXCELLENT teachers who not only teach the academics but also care for them and pray with them. My children really look forward to chapel every week. The Bible base education is outstanding. We feel truly blessed to be able to attend Harvest Christian Academy and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone!

Posted January 31, 2015
Our daughter began going to HCA this year, transferring from another Christian school. When we went to the open house last year, we were immediately impressed by not only the sincere care that Marc had for the students, but also the interest and genuine support that the teachers and staff have as well. Also, the facility and top-notch gym were appealing. The positive attitude of the teachers towards the students is refreshing; they really want the students to succeed and do well. They have the posture that expresses an expectation that they will do the right thing, instead of waiting to reprimand them when they fail. The education is excellent and as my daughter says about the teachers, "they're devoted." The food service is even good. I only have positive things to say about the school and would highly recommend it.

Posted January 30, 2015
What a breath of fresh air HCA has been for our family. After homeschooling all his life, my son is now a freshman at Harvest. He made excellent friends before he even walked through the door. The staff has been extremely welcoming and accommodating as my son has transitioned from being home to going in to a classroom setting. Academic learning struggles were detected in him about 5 years ago. Harvest has listened, exhibited beautiful grace in his academic struggles, and are more than willing to walk this road with us as we find the ways my son learns best. We have not experienced any political or negative. No place is perfect. We all have places to improve and grow. I am thankful my son is in an school where this is acknowledged and God's will and plan for improvement is always sought.

Harvest Christian Academy 2

Posted December 07, 2014
It WAS a good school... but all Good things come to an end. In the beginning it was great, fun field trips great teachers good friends and horrible food :) but as time went on politics got involved and there were some questionable decisions "higher up" in the church. Soon there must have been money issues because our 5th grade out door ed got canceled and our field trips were not good. On one of our field trips we went to an actual mall but the worst thing of that trip was we couldn't buy anything! The kids were great I miss my friends and the teachers but I'm so glad I left. If you want nice friends with a little drama and good teachers go to this school, if you want a decent education don't...

Posted September 14, 2013
This is an excellent school where I have been able to grow in my faith and build a good community of other believers to influence me

Posted May 03, 2013
We have two children at HCA since 2008. They are elementary and junior high age now. A day doesn't go by that we thank the Lord for this school, for it's teachers,staff and administration. We wouldn't be in a place if our kids weren't genuinely loved by their teachers and staff. When teachers are allowed to pray with your child, what an impact that has on them! The quality of education is exceptional, challenging them, preparing them for high school and college. The classrooms and Barton reading program has been a constant place of encouragement. The growth in the Athletics program has been phenomenal, competing in new conferences this year. Our kids are getting a first rate education and competitive athletic exposure. When you add in the component that our kids are learning about how the Lord would have them live, being discipled by their teachers and the pastors at the church, our hearts are extremely grateful to be at this school.

Posted February 27, 2013
I have three children in the school and have been here since the beginning in 2004. We wouldn't stay if we didn't believe that the teachers and curriculum were not preparing our children to be all that the Lord has planned for them. We are thankful for the teachers who teach, love and disciple our children. We are thankful for the administrative leaders who take to heart their calling to lead and grow this school. Athletics is growing strong and quickly and under a leader who is passionate about using sports to make courageous, disciplined young leaders of Jesus Christ. Academics are rigorous and college preparatory. Arts program is growing too. LS added a strings program this year. Theater Department will be putting on a large scale production of Willy Wonka in the Worship Center.

Harvest Christian Academy 1

Posted June 04, 2012
I am a former student and I had a terrible experience. If your parents aren't involved in the church, you get treated as less. Everything revolves around politics - the theater, the extra-cirricular classes, etc. I went to Harvest to get away from bullying, but it happened here, too. I know that there's no perfect school, but they set up the appearance of being "christian" when there was so much closed-minded bigotry in the school. I couldn't speak my mind.

Posted April 16, 2011
Three of my children attend Harvest however I would like to address the Upper School. After moving around the country and experiencing several of the best private and public educational environments, I am thrilled that my children have the privilege of attending this school. There are not enough hours in the day for my child to take ALL the classes she would like to take. My other child cannot wait to being Junior High (who can say that?) I love the individual attention students receive and the intentionality to see each student reach their full potential. I love the college prep experience that is offered here! I also appreciate the push to work out problems that kids have with each other. Although it may be difficult and uncomfortable, it is a life skill that will benefit them as adults. HCA is not for everyone but if you are looking for an evangelical college prep experience for your family, this may be it.

Harvest Christian Academy
1000 North Randall Road, Elgin, IL  60123
Last modified Harvest Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Harvest Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top