No rating

Einstein Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in Elgin

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $107,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Sweep tile

Posted February 5, 2014

My son is currently in the upper elementary grades. He is very bright and also very busy physically. His teacher is so experienced with this challenge, she was able to help us differentiate his focus from his hyperactivity.This observation was key to adjusting his meds. The staff also help change his environment by allowing students to take frequent breaks outside or run in the gym when he still "has too much energy" and can't sit still.

Posted August 13, 2013

This is a place where they care about the child not about the parents bank account. It is a warm friendly academically stimulating place for children of all backgrounds. The teachers seem to really care about the development of the whole child and instill not only academic proficiency but character too. The administration backs up the teachers, the teachers back up the parents and the child wins.

Posted August 12, 2013

I am a grandparent of 2 former students (now in college & law school) and 1 current student. My grandchildren could never have received the education and skills learned at Einstein from any public school nor any other private school that i know of in this area. Einstein has such a warm, nurturing environment where all the students, teachers and parents collaborate to make it the best school possible. I am proud to serve on the Board of Directors and excited to see the school expanding into new and exciting areas including global education.

Posted August 12, 2013

I absolutely love The Einstein Academy. It is everything I want in a school....warm, nurturing, and challenging. My son is doing high school level work as a middle schooler. He is way ahead of all of his neighborhood friends that go to public schools. As for other private schools Einstein is almost HALF of the tuition plus uniform shirts are included. This is an unbelievable value and my family couldn't be happier. But all you have to do is visit the Einstein Academy and you will immediately see how very special this school truly is.

Posted March 5, 2013

For all those negative reviews of "I used to work here" or I used to go here", I don't buy it. If you truly were a student or a staff member (former or not), you wouldn't be so hateful. This school is leaps and bounds above all the public schools in this area, and on par or better than the other private schools (for much better value). I have yet to encounter even one negative person at The Einstein Academy, and stand by my decision to send my GIFTED child (verified by testing, as per the norm for all new students entering 1st grade and above) to this school. Find something better to do than bash a fantastic school that is nothing like you claim. As for parents looking at prospective schools for their children, talk to CURRENT parents, teachers, and students. I wouldn't trust the haters on the internet who see fit to defame a school for some undetermined purpose (and who likely would never belong anywhere near the caring Einstein community in the first place). Yes, I AM a current parent of an Einstein student.

Posted November 17, 2012

I used to work for this school. I can guarantee you that a staff member (who shall not be named) signs up for multiple accounts and writes positive reviews for this school. I saw it with my own eyes. On that note, after working for this school, I would never send my child here. Hearing some (key word: some) of the things that teachers said about the students (and their parents!) was appalling. They were very unprofessional, and had no compassion for the students. There are other private schools in the area. Go somewhere where you and your child won't be talked badly about behind your backs.

Posted June 25, 2012

I watched my daughter go from being "the problem child" to "a joy to have in class". She absolutely THRIVES at this school. I cannot give my daughter a better gift than that of a quality education. I always knew she needed to be properly challenged, but the teachers at Einstein Academy surpassed my every expectation and confirmed for me that THIS is the best school, hands down!

Posted May 23, 2012

Regarding the previous posting, I must state that the teachers most certainly DO have rhyme or reason to their teaching. Placing blame is easy when you are looking to find fault for underachievement. The Enstein Academy has DEDICATED teachers, principal and vice-principle. I can inquire at ANY time about my child's performance. The teachers take time for me! I pay attention, I attend meetings. I feel very comfortable with the content, style and commitment the teachers have with their kids. Yes, THEIR KIDS. My child will be entering the 4th year at Einstein and we never looked back. My child is so happy with Einstein. The small class sizes are ideal for learning. Please take the time to visit with your child. You will look no further.

Posted March 9, 2012

I had two children attend The Einstein Academy. I was very disappointed. One year, the teacher kept the students busy with ridiculous amounts of "busy work" because she had too many other responsibilities on her plate. For example, at one point she was having them spend 1 or more hours PER DAY creating, 'mossaics.' They were cutting and pasting pictures from magazines for WEEKS. This was amongst a variety of other projects she assigned to "waste time." At the time my children were students, we were not required to submit any test scores or to prove in anyway that they were, 'gifted.' We just had to pay the tuition. Many of the children are not gifted, they just have well-to do families OR they have parents or relatives who work at the school who get them a discounted price. I absolutely do NOT recommend this school. My children were behind their peers when they returned to the public school system. This is because the teachers had no rhyme or reason to their teaching. I had to hire a private tutor for them to get them caught up in their math and science classes. Don't waste your time here.

Posted December 4, 2011

I love going to the Einstein Academy! I have teachers that really care and challenge me. If needed I can email, facetime or even call them afterschool hours or on weekends. I have friends that I am so close with that they are like my family. No one teases people here for being smart. We have sports, student senate, dances and everything I want in a junior high. I can't imagine going to another school!!

Posted November 28, 2011

I cannot say enough about The Einstein Academy. At my sons old School, I saw my extremely bright child falling rapidly behind academically, and getting no help since the School didn't employ any testing at all. In addition he was being bullied because he was much smarter than his class mates and was not accepted socially there. Within just a few months of attending this School, he was at grade level on State standardized testing, and this year, (his second), he tested well above grade level. I cannot comment on anything else written here by others, except to say that my son COULD NOT HAVE tested into any gifted program that used academic placement testing due to the poor education he was getting prior to going to Einstein, although now I am sure he would. Gifted at this school is not judged by past report card performance or admission testing alone, and I am glad they didn't rely on academic testing for placement here. Instead they saw his potential and now he is able to reach it. In addition the children are exposed to many other cultures, and Latin language, with the option of Greek as well and many extra-curricular activities.

Posted August 18, 2011

Einstein Academy is a great school not just because it's a new building, and has an open friendly environment, it's because of the teachers and Principal!!!!! The teachers have a unique way of getting children to do their work while exceeding in all areas of interest, by putting passion first. The teachers have passion for each young adult in their classroom, to reach their fullest potential! OMG!!! I wish this school was around when I went to school! I felt like an outsider in elementary school and junior high... Einstein Academy get kids involved in learning. NO PEAR-PRESSURE HERE for those kid's that have a hard time in those larger environments!!!!!!! Let's face it... kids can be cruel and that's not tolerated at Einstein! Watch your child's grades go up after enrolling them at Einstein!

Posted August 3, 2011

Wow...enough cannot be said of this amazing school. At Einstein you have committed teachers, happy and excited kids that thrive here. The small class sizes are so important to effective learning. The students are just like family to each other. Absolutely no bullying here! Each child you ask about how much they enjoy school here will give you very positive feedback. I know for a fact that my child is learning so much here. He wants to go to school. You won't be sorry- sign up your child and see for yourself what a positive gift you have given him!

Posted June 9, 2011

Einstein Academy is the best option for every student! My daughter has attended for 2 years and I cannot express how much she LOVES this school! She has just finished Kindergarten and can already read small chapter books. Her Math skills are amazing....the Science experiments are fun and hands-on. My child is not gifted, but going to the Einstein Academy has excelerated her learning and has given her such a sense of belonging in these early formative years. The fundraising and volunteer opportunities for the parents are great as well because they bring everyone closer. Imagine knowing all of your childs future teachers and looking forward to the next grade so you can get to do that too! The Einstein Academ is a home away from home for the students and the students are all brothers and sisters to each other. They encourage, they do not judge, and there is no such thing as a clique. I say run out and sign up today....it was the best move I have ever made for our family and for my daughter!!!!!

Posted January 12, 2011

My 6th grade son is so thrilled with The Einstein Academy after transferring last spring from another private school. Einstein has provided my son with the academic challenge he needed, offering him advanced curriculum, Latin and ancient Greek, as well as a wonderfully nurturing and positive environment. Homework is never a battle, and he jumps out of bed each morning, thrilled to be heading off to school. I am so impressed with the caring, nurturing staff, the wonderfully supportive administration, and the warm parent community. I feel welcomed each and every time I visit the school, and I have been so impressed with the family activities which include everyone (grandparents, teens, small children and parents). I can't say enough nice things about The Einstein Academy.

Posted December 2, 2010

I agree with the below postings about the poor quality of this school. From the outside, it looks and seems wonderful. Looks can be deceiving. Although your child may be happy, please know that he or she is NOT getting a quality education. My child attended Einstein, and when we transferred him to a public school, he was significantly behind the other students in his class-specifially in math and reading. What a waste of money.

Posted November 10, 2010

I can't imagine a better school for my children! This school goes above and beyond the call of duty and always helps my kids achieve everything they are capable of. The students here are very bright and I am always blown away by any classroom presentations. The teachers here are truly gifted and incredibly nurturing. I can't think of a better school for my children!

Posted November 7, 2010

The Einstein Academy is a school I would have loved my children to attend when they were growing up. The staff works together well and has the best interest of each individual child in mind as they work to partner with parents and students in education. Teachers build on our gifted students strengths while working on their weaknesses. The Einstein Academy is a warm caring school to send your child. It has a family atmosphere while meeting the needs of the individual child.

Posted October 12, 2010

What a JOKE. You pay an awful lot of money and for what? MOST of the students are not 'gifted' as the school website claims they are. There is no testing of any kind. If you pay, you get in - that simple.

Posted September 19, 2010

I am a former teacher, and I would not recommend this school to anyone. Some of the teachers are amazing, and some should simply not be teaching. I was not impressed by the curriculum. Most of the students are not "gifted." They do not have to test to be accepted into the school. And many of the students are very far behind their grade level because what they are learning is not appropriate to their current level of learning.

Asian 11% N/A
Two or more races 5% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Cathy Ilani
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

747 Davis Road