Elk Grove Village, IL

Posted October 19, 2013
Clearmont is a wonderful school. The teachers are well-experienced, and excel in the areas of teaching, leadership, and fostering a strong community among the students. Clearmont offers fine arts, music, and other activities and clubs for the children. The parental community is very strong at this school, and there are many family events held throughout the year. The school and district is financially sound, and promotes the use of the latest technology to enhance student learning. We moved to this neighborhood just so our children could attend this fine school.

Posted November 03, 2011
School is not supposed to be primarily a place for extracurricular activity. It's supposed to be a place where kids go to learn. And the kids learn in a fun, safe, encouraging environment here. This is in large part because the teachers at Clearmont are outstanding. Also, the principal is warm, engaging, friendly, and communicative; and the staff is willing to go out of the way to address concerns. Great school. And fortunately, it's in a great neighborhood where kids are always playing & interacting, and where they're taught by their parents to care for the community.

Posted May 07, 2010
excellent teaching staff and great cafeteria food spacious library, sufficient cubby space, friendly janitors, fun playgrounds.

Posted March 05, 2010
Great School!! My daughter is already reading and I cannot believe the words she can sound out. She loves Kindergarten and she loves her teacher. Principal is great, he is really involved with the kids too!

Clearmont Elementary School 3

Posted May 27, 2009
The teachers are fair, but the social workers have never helped. My dauture was there for 6 years (including kindergarten) and never helped her. Her new school (Gray M Sanborn) had helped her in a matter of 3 months. Also the children are entelagent, but mean. It's a good place for kids to learn, I'll admit to that. The old principal made the school a haven for children to learn and have fun. Since the new one came, it has made it less of a safe haven. I have my little girl come home crying because kids were so mean to her.This is all I have to say. She's in 6th grade now (going into 7th) and these events still sadden her.

Posted November 27, 2008
The fine arts teacher is great, very talented, and one of the greatest teachers my children ever had, he should win a golden apple

Posted August 24, 2008
I have two children in Clearmont. The principal is wonderful as well as his staff. My oldest is reading at a 9th grade level and is only going into the 5th grade. I love this school!

Posted July 10, 2008
so happy with clearmont! My daughter is excelling! Her teachers have been caring and push the children to explore their full potential. My son will start kindergarten this year and have no doubt that he will have a similar experience.

Posted May 28, 2008
Clearmont is an excellent school. Small class size and the principle is very involved. My daughter is reading two grade levels above her actual class level. The atmosphere is very friendly. I am very pleased and I have heard nothing but excellent things from the other parents. The have some of the highest reading and math scores in the district.

Clearmont Elementary School 3

Posted May 18, 2007
School is a disappointment. No after school activities. Kids club afterschool park district is actually paid for 'babysitting'. Would like to see the kids be able to do more things.

280 Clearmont Drive, Elk Grove Village, IL  60007
Last modified Clearmont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clearmont Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top