Posted February 22, 2014
First of all, this school is an amazing place that teaches to a great mix of students from various ethnic groups and socioeconomic levels. The comment about teachers being fired is false! The teachers were sadly moved to others in the district, but that was to follow Illinois state mandates for bilingual education. The bilingual teachers teach Spanish AND English to their students and no student who is not Spanish speaking is forced to be in a multi-language classroom. It is beneficial to be bilingual and many of the children here speak two or more languages. This school reflects the real world and students are prepared with the same curriculum as other D205 schools. Fantastic staff and my children were taught very well here. They are empathetic to others, grounded in acceptance of all, and academically successful.

Posted February 20, 2014
The staff Conrad Fischer is first rate. While the school's reputation may have taken a few hits as the demographics shifted and heavy handed polices from the district were implemented. The good news is that the school has weathered the change and continues to be great.

Posted December 17, 2013
I can't believe some of the reviews on here. Sounds nothing like our experience. We have been VERY happy with the quality of education our kids have received. Can't say enough about the quality of care that goes into each student. Highly recommend Fischer to any parents.

Conrad Fischer Elementary School 1

Posted June 19, 2013
The school is more concerned with non-residents that are bused in than they care about the children whose parents actually pay taxes here. They just fired some AMAZING teachers because they weren't Spanish speaking. The children here test under the state average. I grew up here and my oldest currently attends school here, but not next year. We are relocating to a better school district and anyone considering moving here should just run or enroll your children in private school. Honestly, I can't even explain how upset I am because this was such a nice area when I grew up and I am so sad to see it turn into something like this.

Conrad Fischer Elementary School 2

Posted October 05, 2012
School is rapidly changing. For what it's worth, classrooms are being segregated in 2012 for grades 1-3 into english, spanish and other. Time will tell how segregation affects these kids, the middle school and high school. Poverty rate has soared from 30% in 2009 to nearly 60% in 2012 based upon those getting free lunches. There are no other schools in District 205 like this one.

Conrad Fischer Elementary School 1

Posted September 05, 2012
Elmhurst has given up on the north side of that town. The school buses in kids from surrounding areas that don't even pay taxes here. If you can, move to the mid to south region of Elmhurst, they spend more on their children there. Don't get me wrong, Teachers are great, but your child will not benefit by waiting for other kids to learn English. Very sad to pay Elmhurst Taxes for this.

Conrad Fischer Elementary School 3

Posted May 28, 2012
My daughter was prescreened for Kindergarden for the 2012 fall year and because she doesn't look "American" the lady who screened her insisted that english is her second language and proceeded to screen her as such. I told the lady twice that she only speaks english as that is the only language that we have ever known, and the lady refused to believe that.even though I had signed a form validating what I had told her. I have lived in town for the last 26 years and I guess some things never change. So be warned, if your skin color doesn't look "American",your child is already marked. However, I like to believe that most of of the teachers do care about the children, but one rotten apple is enough to ruin the barrel.

Posted August 03, 2011
Conrad is a great school! The teacher and principal are wonderful and they all go above and beyond for the children. My son loves it here. I love the close knit feeling and family like setting Conrad has to offer. The best school in Elmhurst by far!!!

Posted August 02, 2010
I have two children in this school. I am so appreciative of the diverse population. It has benefited my children in so many ways. I have no doubt that my children will be well prepared for any population of people that they come into contact with. They have have fully embraced the multi-cultural atmosphere. Their teachers were outstanding. I feel that my children were blessed to have attended C.F. They could not have experienced this at any other Elmhurst school.

Posted June 03, 2008
This school I belive is the best school around. The teachers are wonderful. I have two children that attend and have attended Conrad Fisher. This school is very diverse. I actully belive that to be great. The new principal is wonderful also. She worked very hard to become more personal with all of the students. I would never leave this area because of this school.

Conrad Fischer Elementary School
888 Wilson Street, Elmhurst, IL  60126
Last modified Conrad Fischer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Conrad Fischer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top