Elmhurst, IL

Posted June 10, 2014
Having had a negative experience with the Chicago Public School System last year, Emerson has truly been a God-send. My son has struggled with ADHD and had been falling behind academically. Now my son is almost caught up academically and he was actually sad that he was leaving his second grade class at the close of the school year. The Elmhurst 205 school system and Emerson School have welcomed us with open arms and my family and I couldn't be happier. From his first grade teacher all the way to the prinicipal, everyone has been not only attentive but involved and caring at the same time. Moving to Elmhurst has been the best choice that we could have made. I can't say enough about the quality of teachers that we have encountered this past year. To give you an idea, my son's classroom teacher e-mailed us daily to give us a run down about my son's behavior (good and bad). It truly is a remarkable school and great community. We can't wait to see what next year has in store for us.

Posted July 18, 2013
Love this school for my kids. Smartboards in every classroom. Competent, caring teachers who make time to address parent concerns.

Posted November 05, 2011
I went here for 1rst and 2nd grade, and even I remembered that the staff was friendly, there were always fun activities to do, an amazing playground, a neat and friendly environment, I was disappointed to move to a different school in Arizona, but I can never forget my amazing years I spent there. I came to this school when I just moved to the United States, and other students and teachers were very nice and supportive. They helped me learn American ways and customs. I am currently a 7th grader at Aprende Middle School in Chandler, Arizona. But memories of this amazing school can never leave my mind. I've learned about friendship, history, writing, and having fun. There's one thing I've definitely miss the most that will always hold dearest in my heart is my 1rst grade teacher Mrs. Joanee Herman, and learning how to create many different types of art in my art class. I miss P.E time when we would exercise everyday to stay active, and run laps in the open spaced gym. I miss the stairs I used to walk upon on, and the water fountains I used to drink out of. I miss the Spanish teacher in 3rd grade, and the wonderful park. I can never get Emerson to go away. I love Emerson Elementary!

Posted November 07, 2008
Great school community, lots of actively involved families. Small class sizes, easy to communicate with teachers and administrators. Great curriculum, new reading program is awesome. Emerson has a strong emphasis on reading, math and science. Great academic extra curricular programs. My kids are being challenged and getting a great education here, my husband and I could not be happier!

Posted October 30, 2008
Wonderfully diverse school, strong curiculum, every child appropriately challenged, competent and caring teachers and administration, great community! My children are excelling in this nuturing environment.

Emerson Elementary School 0

Posted October 26, 2008
I have three children who either have attended or are still attending Emerson; I have found the staff to be extremely competent, kind, and nurturing. My oldest son now attends Churchville and is doing very well; my two younger sons still attend Emerson and have had very positive experiences. My wife and I have been actively involved, and have never hesitated to discuss our children's progress with the educators at this school. I feel we have been here long enough to evaluate the environment and feel strongly that those families who are actively involved, and encourage their children to be responsible and hardworking will find Emerson to provide a very rewarding experience.

Posted October 01, 2005

Emerson Elementary School 2

Posted April 22, 2005
The teachers are quick to identify a child as ADD and recommend a doctor who can provide medication, which is appalling. The cirriculum is good, but the teachers seem to have their favorite students and everyone else tends to be neglected. One teacher in particular seemed to pick on girls much more than boys. I am very glad my children no longer go to this school.

Emerson Elementary School
400 North West Avenue, Elmhurst, IL  60126
Last modified Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emerson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top