Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted December 27, 2011
I'm a former student to this school, and let me tell you that this was the best school I have ever been too. The kids are nice and so are the teachers and the assistant principal and principal are both very nice and sweet. Sandburg Middle School is the best scool ever.

Posted February 25, 2011
We LOVE this school. My daughter has flourished since attending this school. She went from not caring about school to LOVING school. Things to note: 1. There is a new principal this year. The principal knew my daughter by name when I asked her a question. I was quite impressed. 2. Powerschool makes it easy to keep track of grades/missing assignments from your home computer. 3. Students can start French in 6th grade or continue with Spanish 4. The Band is wonderful and the students can learn many instruments that are not "usual". Bass Clarinet, French Horn, Bassoon to name a few. 5. Parent Teacher organization is alive here. You can be as involved as you wish to be. 6. Depending on where you live there is bus service. 7. Student Council, limited Competative sports and some Intramural sports are offered We were expecting a bumpy ride (it's middle school after all) but instead, have experienced smooth sailing. When I asked my daughter if she has experienced any bulling she said no. The staff we have worked with relate well with the students in their classroom and expect the best from them. If you are looking for a great school you need to check into this school!

Sandburg Middle School

Posted September 16, 2009
Great ambitious young staff relates so well with the students. Many activities available

Posted October 09, 2008
I am a student at Sandburg Middle School and I love it. Well, #1 we have our own tv show. #2 All the teachers are nice. #3 In music we get to play drums, pianos, guitars, and for our party- Guitar hero!! #4 We have an elevator (for people that are in wheelchairs ext.) #5 instead of recess we have gym and I personally think that gym is just as fun as recess. #6 In French I haved leared way more than when we had TO learn spanish in Edison. It's only been a month and I know how to say hello my name is ______ what is yours? Nice to meet you. Can you spell your name? How are you? What is your telephone number? Good Bye. And also the numbers 0-70. Basically I just trying to say that Sandburg Middle School is the best!!!!

Sandburg Middle School 1

Posted March 07, 2006
My son has attended Sandburg for the past three years. I agree with the parent who says do your homework with the middle schools. Sandburg as been one problem after another. I am an involved parent but the school will only allow you so much involvement.

Sandburg Middle School 4

Posted June 05, 2005
Sandburg can be a rough stepping stone for any child. I think middle school period is rough on some children but you have to work with the school and the staff. Sandburg Middle school I believe works well with the parents if the parents are willing to work with the school. I do have to say Bullies are out of control and the punishment for bullies needs to be harsher. I think Mr. Zock is one for the most caring teachers and is always out for the welfare of the student. We have had a couple of situations remain unsolved but they are minor and we as parents need to pick and chose our battles carefully.

Sandburg Middle School 1

Posted January 05, 2005
We love living in Elmhurst, and our children had a great experience in grade school at the award-winning Edison School, but Sandburg Middle School is quite a departure. Entrenched faculty, lack of leadership by the Principal contributes to discipline problems. This is a well-kept secret in the District, so don't expect your real estate sales person to share details. Do your homework.

Sandburg Middle School 4

Posted June 03, 2004
Like most (or all) other Elmhurst schools, Sandburg is an excellent stepping stone to High School. One example: our two daughters are in the school orchestra and band respectively and there are monthly concerts to keep us on our toes. District 205 is a major reason why Elmhurst is one of the most desirable suburbs of Chicago.

Sandburg Middle School
345 East Saint Charles Road, Elmhurst, IL  60126
Last modified Sandburg Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.