Posted October 11, 2013
This school is a great school. I just keep hearing amazing reviews on it and my son goes to it and he LOVES it. They have amazing and above average teachers at York. I have to say that there are some that are definitely better than others. Great school and all of these parents who are looking for schools in Elmhurst, if your child is going to be in high school choose York!!

York Community High School 1

Posted May 21, 2013
York School needs to hire more minority staff and have them visible and available throughout the school, there is a low turn out of parent involvement because many don't agree with the administration, and the school procedures. I agree with one of the previous comments, York is not set up to assist students with learning disabilities or behavioral issues, bottom line it portrays itself as a preppy school which is not, and is not equally fair to students of all races (minority).

Posted August 21, 2012
What a Fantastic School! I'm a sophmore, and I love the school. Great atmosphere, great staff, great spirit and tradition, great everything! Excellent honors courses with teachers that are willing and want to help you do the best! I also participated in the Challenge Day Program, and that is something that I reccomend for everyone, as it covers every emotion, from happiness to heartbreak, to excitment, to depressing, and it's messages are extremely powerful. It is a life-changing event. The growing bullying problem is not a problem here, as all the students are extremely welcoming. Ihas also been completely redone in the past 10 years, so most of the facilities are top-notch. The elective courses are great, with things from music, to fashion, to culinary arts, to business, and IT. The marching band is renowned across the country, as it was featured in the 2010 or 2011 Allstate Sugar Bowl (college football) Halftime show. Thanks, and DUKE PRIDE!!!!!

Posted May 16, 2012
My son is having a great experience at York. He is involved in sports and leadership programs. Recently he particpated in Challenge Day at York which he said was a life changing experience. I am impressed that York teahers and staff are actively involved in trying to alleviate bullying and helping students who may feel disenfranchised, especially in a school of its size. The teahers are great and responsive and the curriculm is challenging and tiered to meet most students needs. We are lucky to have a school in our area that provides our children with great experiences and academic excellence.

Posted October 04, 2011
I attended YCHS from 1964 to 1966 (the middle of my junior year). The education provided by York and the other schools I attended in Elmhurst; Emerson Grade school and Carl Sandburg Jr. High; are unparalleled. Now 62, no matter where I go in, people think I'm college educated. I am not. This school was and I am sure remains to this day an icon in the world of education.

Posted September 03, 2010
This school is the best because i go there and everybody is friendly. i love this school so much. The teachers are great and i am only freshman in this school. i love this school so much. GO DUKES!!!

York Community High School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
My son loved it, especially the music program. He had an extremely positive High School experience and was well prepared for college.

York Community High School 4

Posted July 19, 2009

Posted June 25, 2009
As parents who have relocated a number of times and have experience with a variety of schools, we can honestly say that this is the best high school we've seen. The teachers are exceptional, and we attribute the overall quality of education to the great teamwork between the teachers and the administration. Diana Smith is an innovative, compassionate, and tough principal who strives to provide a quality education to all students, regardless of their individual strengths. Although some disgruntled parents grouse when their own kids screw up and are then faced with the consequences of their actions, we have found Principal Smith to be the leading advocate for our community's young adults. Her principled stands have occasionally run counter to the superintendent's office, but she has never flinched in her commitment to standing up for her students.

York Community High School 0

Posted May 06, 2009
York offers many opportunities for students at different academic levels. The vast majority of teachers my two sons have had are outstanding. The music department is fantastic--they challenge and inspire the kids.

York Community High School
355 West Saint Charles Road, Elmhurst, IL  60126
Last modified York Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
York Community High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.