Elmhurst, IL

Posted March 07, 2014
My son has been here for two years now. We are really happy with our choice to send him to Immanuel. The small class sizes have been great for him (he was a shy kid, but very bright) and have allowed him to do work above his grade level. His teacher knows his abilities very well and communicates with us regularly. She is very dedicated and creative. Everyone is very approachable. I also love all the extra activities we get at Immanuel. My son takes private piano lessons every week, participates in Math Club, Cooking Club and Art Club each month. They also have regular movie nights for the families, a camping night in the fall on the school grounds, and family bowling. It's a small school with a family feel. All the kids are very respectful. We are so happy here our youngest is starting preschool in the fall.

Posted May 14, 2013
This is our first year at ILS and my children love it. They have amazing before and after care that keeps the kids engaged and they really do care about each and every one of the kids. The teachers and staff are very warm and caring. Mrs. Estas the Kindergarten teacher, is amazing!!!! What a great experience my child had with her and her co-teachers!! My kids are safe and happy, it's a really nice family environment.. I'm happy we made the switch.

Posted August 07, 2012
What a great school! I have had my child in this school for a few years now and I am so excited that this school offers full-day Kindergarten. What a great opportunity for kids who need more than just 3 hours per day. Every year Immanuel adds new things to their building and to their curriculum - constantly changing to meet the needs of their students. Interactive whiteboards in every classroom. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this school!

Posted February 11, 2012
My child has attended Immanuel since Kindergarten. It is a loving, caring atmosphere but they lack the staff to help children who have a disability (ADHD). I wish they were properly staffed to help children with these issues and then it wouldn't seem like my child is such an inconvenience. All of the teachers I've encountered have been good - some that were GREAT retired already. Overall I would say that it's a good school. The extended care program director Mrs. Kraus is WONDERFUL.

Posted June 07, 2010
I have 2 children in this school. Teachers and staff are very caring. Love music program. The class size is small. Teachers and staff are willing to go extra miles to help students. My daughter is competitive athlete. School is very supportive and came out the schedule to fit her very intense training schedule. She thrives both academically and her sport.

Posted December 17, 2009
Our daughter is in the preschool and it is terrific. The teachers, helpers, and staff are great. The after care is the best in Elmhurst. I evaluated all the preschools in Elmhurst and this is the best by far. The atmosphere is ideal for children - supportive, friendly, consistent, sensible, loving. What a great place. The faciliites are excellent. Our daughter has developed so nicely, and Immanuel helped her development tremendously. Her social, emotional, physical, spiritual, and cognitive domains all have progressed beautifully. Thanks!

Posted December 15, 2009

Immanuel Lutheran School 1

Posted November 02, 2009

Posted April 13, 2009
My two children attended Immanuel after tranferring from another school. I found the teachers here to be good, caring teachers. The middle school math teacher is exceptional going above and beyond to help the kids who may struggle more with math. The music teacher is exceptional as well, for which I'm grateful. There's a good pre-school program that is well attended. I agree with 7/19/05's post. The only concerns I have had is the lack of Spanish instruction at the middle school level. Also, I like to see the kids have more discipline. It seems that from 4th grade and above this begins to slip. The kids do not go to music and other classes in a quiet orderly fashion and quickly learn which teachers they can act up in front of and get away with it. I'm also in favor of uniforms but this school does not require them.

Posted June 07, 2007
This is a wonderful school. My son just finished Kindegarden. He is ready for 1st Grade and already beginning to read.

Immanuel Lutheran School
148 East 3rd Street, Elmhurst, IL  60126
Last modified Immanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immanuel Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top