No rating

Timothy Christian Elementary Midd School

Private | PK-8

Living in Elmhurst

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $305,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Posted February 1, 2011

My kids are 6 4 and 1 and the younger kids cant wait to join there brother. timothy rocks. even though are family is mostly methodist and is not "reformed" or "calvanist" we apprciate the focus on Jesus and not the focus on secondary doctines like the crazy TULIP stuff. anyhow my son loves his teachers, classmates, activities etc and that make the tuition worth it.

Posted January 27, 2011

Timothy Christian was not the path we planned for our children but God apparently had and what abundant blessings it has brought! It has been an enormous pleasure to watch our children thrive in the environment Timothy provides. They nurture an environment where our children are challenged, supported, encouraged and recognized. The school has been along side of us every step of the way. Truly a partnership. Sending the kids to TC has been like sending the kids off to an extension of our home. Timothy continues to surpass all our expectations.

Posted January 26, 2011

Timothy Christian is a wonderful place that has nurtured our children and helped them grow into their best selves. This is a place that truly values the partnership between a parent and teacher. Timothy has especially wonderful programs for children who excel beyond their peers and for those who need a little extra help. They do a great job of offering both athletic and academic extra curricular activities so there is something for everyone. This place has made an enormously positive impact on all of our lives.

Posted January 18, 2011

Timothy Christian School has been such a blessing to our family! We recently moved here from out of state and have a child in each level at TCS (elementary, JH and High School). The families and students at TCS have been so welcoming and loving to my family and most importantly to our kids. They immediately made great friends, the teachers have been top notch and our kids feel at home and loved there. The school's communication with the families is outstanding, and their commitment to excellence in every way is evident... from the administration to the teachers. The most important thing to our family is that everything at the school is Christ-centered and that is coupled with a strong commitment to excellence. Christ calls us to be excellent in everything we do so that we can give Him all the glory. This is what Timothy Christian School is all about.

Posted August 15, 2010

It seems like some parents are satisfied with this school and some are not. My family did not have a good experience here. Teacher turnover is quite high with new, inexperienced graduates often coming in, teaching for a few years and then moving on. The experienced teachers are nice but do nothing to challenge the kids.

Posted August 11, 2010

I have several concerns about this school .I was very hopeful that my three children would find a caring, Christian environment here. However, Bullying is a major problem. Parental involvement is limited to a few select families. There is a lack of diversity. Academic excellence is not encouraged. I would look elsewhere for a loving, caring environment.

Posted December 23, 2009

I LOVE Timothy Christian. My son attended another Christian school nearby for grades K4-2nd. I was not pleased at all. Timothy has totally outdone it self compared to my previous experience. It has exceeded my expectations!! The Principal, Teachers, and Staff are Great!! And the campus and educational programs they offer are well worth the tuition.

Posted November 19, 2009

I never thought my child could obtain a Christian education without having to give up a little on the academics but Timothy proved me wrong. This school is so much more than I ever could have imagined. My child loves to go to school each day. She feels the love of the teachers and we believe they are exceptional. I can't compare the academics with other schools because we have never attended another school but it rates high in Iowa scores and also the % of children that go on to good colleges is amazing to me. We feel truly blessed to have our child attend and wouldn't sent her anywhere else

Posted November 18, 2009

My daughter started attending Timothy 3 years ago, in 4th grade. As a 'new student' she was embraced socially, challenged academically, and inspired spiritually. Having read through the reviews thus far, I see some of the lack of diversity issues, but also see Timothy making great strides in changing the demographics. My daughter is naturally curious and thrives on a challenge. Timothy teachers have responded to my request of seeking my daughter's best. My daughter has an IQ that qualifies for MENSA and finds the academic challenge in Timothy Middle School sufficiently managable, with active participation in extracurriculars, private music lessons and church youth group. As a parent with two master degrees I am satisfied with the opportunities offered at Timothy--I feel Timothy offers many things to many families, and like life, one needs to seize the opportunity presented. I have been very happy with our experience at Timothy!

Posted October 22, 2009

I would like to give another perspective. My child is academically challenged. Timothy was a poor choice for many reasons. They were not able to meet my child's needs but the worst part was that they totally lacked any compassion. From my perspective, if your child is within a narrow band of skills and you would like your child to go to a Christian college, this is the right school for you. It is a good school from a very narrow perspective. For all others , there are better options.

Posted July 9, 2009

Aa i reflect on the last year, i felt i needed to let others know how poor this school is. Academics: very poor for above average to gifted studetns Teachers: nice but not skilled at differing needs of children with varing academic abilities ADministration: not open to suggestion or feedback

Posted June 8, 2009

I cannot say enough great things about this school! The faculty is attentive, thoughtful and Godly, not to mention high above the bar academically - most seem to have Master's Degrees in their field! The extra-circulars are amazing Mock trial (repeated state winners), Science Olympiads, Mathletics. I hear the sports are pretty good too- not my kids thing. I've sent 5 kids here and they are becoming the Christian children I dreamed they would be. In fact, one of my daughters just graduated from U of I (Magna Cum Laud) in 3 years and now plans to work as a world changer through an NGO. Thanks Timothy for preparing my children for a life of learning!

Posted May 19, 2009

I am not satisfied with the school. The facilities are out dated. The curriculum does not keep pace with the students needs.

Posted May 16, 2009

Where to begin in describing how poor this school is? The academics leave much to be desired. The lack of diversity is a concern. The counseling department is poorly trained. A bad experience for my kids.

Posted May 10, 2009

Not good. The staff is nice but the curriculum is not challenging. The facilities are in the need of an upgrade. We will be enrolling our children elsewhere.

Posted May 1, 2009

This school was unable to provide for my chidren's academic needs. Although average and below average students seem to do ok, above average and gifted students are not challenged at all and as a result get bored very easily. Overall, I would not reccomend this school.

Posted April 28, 2009

The academics at Timothy Christian are very poor. I am very disappointed in the principal.. he is not interested in the viewpoints of the parents at all. THe teaching staff is nice but does not have the skills to challlenge the students to live up to their academic potential .

Posted April 27, 2009

I am vwery unhappy with this school The staff and administration are very close minded. There are close ties to churches in Elmhust and non-members of these churches are made to feel excluded. There is no diverrsity. The academic program is very poor. It is not challenging at all. If you wouldlike your child to eventually go to Calvin College or another very conservative college tehn this school is the place for you. If not, then you should look elsewhere.

Posted August 5, 2008

If you're looking for a Christian school where academic standards are high, ethical behavior is modeled, and all children are seen as precious gifts from God...Timothy Christian School is the way to go! Words cannot express the depth of my graditude.

Posted October 7, 2006

I absolutely love this school. They have a fabulous bus system. Excellent parent involvement and support from area churches that help there members out with the cost of tuition. They use the Everyday Mathematics program and teach reading from a straight phonics until the children are ready for 'sight' words. They memorize scripture in big chunks 'chapters' instead of 'verses'. Very strong academically and low teacher turnover. A lot of the grads come back to teach at the school. I feel that it is a good size with 475 students K-6. I would recommend Timothy to anyone who claims Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and want their Children to Learn from teachers that profess this as well.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Tim Hoeksema
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Calvinist
Associations
  • CSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

188 West Butterfield Road